Blue Jays Discussion: Off-Season Madness the 12th: We don't know Dickey (about any extension. Yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
Ya, why would we want a CY Young winner?!?! Lets keep our top prospect so we have a chance to win a WS series years from now, instead of taking advantage of all the players we have in their prime right now.

It is a balancing act. You want to win now but you want to keep the pipeline stocked for the future. What if we trade away all our prospects and don't win, then we are set back again.

Do love the aggressiveness though. Almost two decades without postseason ball is rough, and a legit contending team would hit the spot.

DatsyukianDeke*

Rosenthal is convinced Dickey won't have an extension signed before being traded here. Looks like we will have to pray that he resigns, I can't even imagine losing Johnson and Dickey next year after moving all these prospects.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
there's gotta be more
i'm hoping for something like:

d'arnaud
syndegaard (preferably sanchez)
lind
buck
for
dickey
ike davis
thole

DatsyukianDeke*

there's gotta be more
i'm hoping for something like:

d'arnaud
syndegaard (preferably sanchez)
lind
buck
for
dickey
ike davis
thole

I would probably do this. It would definitely hurt though.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Rosenthal is convinced Dickey won't have an extension signed before being traded here. Looks like we will have to pray that he resigns, I can't even imagine losing Johnson and Dickey next year after moving all these prospects.

That's what would hurt the most.

But really though, if we win who cares?

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario

I hope AA doesn't make the trade then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad