Red Sox/MLB Off Season III - Tom Werner says ownership’s ‘heart and soul is with the Red Sox,’ and the team is not going to be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Denlinger has a good fastball and a decent slider, the kind of spaghetti you throw against the wall and hope it sticks. German was in that boat too. We got the older prospect but he doesn’t need to be on the 40 man until December 2024

A self-taught blacksmith though. Interesting guy

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
On the flip side, the Red Sox are also picking up a live arm in Denlinger, who has a 35.02% strikeout rate over 65 innings in the minors. Denlinger only began his pro career in 2021 when Chicago drafted him in the seventh round, but the 26-year-old already advanced to Double-A last season, albeit with a 4.70 ERA over 38 1/3 frames with Double-A Birmingham. Home runs contributed to that total, so if Denlinger can improve on keeping the ball in the park, a Triple-A promotion and maybe even a cup of coffee in the majors isn’t inconceivable for 2023.

From MLBTR on the trade.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I know nothing about the prospect they got, but if he has more than one plus pitch or even a deceptive delivery, I like it. German threw very hard and pretty straight. He had nothing else imo.
I actually like that Bloom is cutting his losses. That shows some humility and growth to admit mistakes.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
None ?

Moncada hasn’t lived up to ranking

Downs hit the 50’s with LA

Going by Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, MLB Network which has Calloa Mayo etc ….ESPN

Law works for Athletic he’s basically Pronman

MLB uses 3 above to determine rankings for a draft pick award if teams put player on opening day roster and they win an Award

Off top of head can’t think of a top 25 Sox prospect bottoming out but gotta be ? Right ?

Are you talking about top prospects in all of baseball?

I was just talking about the Red Sox top prospects.

Sorry, think I missed the whole point here.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i think I’m going to take the DKH approach with this thread. It’s been real! Multiple posters going on ignore.
My advice is keep those who add to the thread

For example something like this

Sox led AL in September in on base % at 348

The addition of JT who lifetime is over 360 and is a contact hitter and Yodhida who had the third best walk rate in the Japanese league should help with that

Devers (15) and Kike (13) walked at a high rate in September and their hard contact also rose

Devers can lower his swings at non strikes % will go a long way to getting up to 35-40 homers

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
New daily Sox take for those interested in Sox tidbits

Alex Verdugo is playing for Mexico at the WBC and has dropped weight to become quicker and more athletic

His game he wants to have better control of the strike zone - drive the ball more and cut down on ground balls - and use the field more and become a gap hitter, and run more.

His metrics were shit all over and his Outs Above Average, sprint speed, and hard hit rate were all below where he should be

A family member said he broke two toes during season and effected everything

He also worked on his approach last month of season with success

Verdugo has shown up less than ready to start per Red Sox staff but knows this is a big season for him long term

As Cora said he’s playing for Mexico and if he’s not ready to play or on his game the Mexicans will let him know :laugh:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Former Rays pitcher who hasn’t had much success but an arm nonetheless.

If they’re going to Faria, he either impressed and won a job or they’re in a world of hurt and it doesn’t matter lol

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Clemens vs Randy Johnson, now thats a matchup worth buying a ticket for. I remember this game from back then

Walpole Joe Morgan just ignoring the ump completely when he went to make the pitching change is one of the biggest alpha dog moves I've ever seen in my life. That was a treat.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

The addition of JT who lifetime is over 360 and is a contact hitter and Yodhida who had the third best walk rate in the Japanese league should help with that

Devers (15) and Kike (13) walked at a high rate in September and their hard contact also rose

Devers can lower his swings at non strikes % will go a long way to getting up to 35-40 homers
You really can't stop patting yourself on the back

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

It helps when you ignore the fact that bogaerts had an obp 370 and 377 the last 2 seasons.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
New daily Sox take for those interested in Sox tidbits

Alex Verdugo is playing for Mexico at the WBC and has dropped weight to become quicker and more athletic

His game he wants to have better control of the strike zone - drive the ball more and cut down on ground balls - and use the field more and become a gap hitter, and run more.

His metrics were shit all over and his Outs Above Average, sprint speed, and hard hit rate were all below where he should be

A family member said he broke two toes during season and effected everything

He also worked on his approach last month of season with success

Verdugo has shown up less than ready to start per Red Sox staff but knows this is a big season for him long term

As Cora said he’s playing for Mexico and if he’s not ready to play or on his game the Mexicans will let him know :laugh:

That could explain all the loafing.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Oh, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan are my favorite announcing team of all time. I listened to the 2004 ALSC with them on ESPN radio, rather than the TV sound. What I wouldn't give to hear those broadcasts again
Joe Morgan drove me insane.

Swear to God, he actually seemed proud of how little he knew about the teams he was commenting on.

Reactions: EverettMike

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
He strikes me as a clickbait dope for The Athletic. Not really respectable seeing how he’s ranked a top system.

Idiots like McCarthy and Tomase know he’s a name though so they throw out their garbage tweets acting like he’s the be all end all for rankings because it fits their narrative.

Mouth breathers run to their content and drool over it, thinking their content is Word.

It’s the vicious cycle of stupidity that I will continue to mock because they are dishonest hacks who suck and target the Followers of the Red Sox — not the fans. (thank you @DKH for making this great point elsewhere on the forum — it works for all Boston sports!)
He’s one of the most respected people at his craft by everyone in the industry. Next year when he ranks them 10 I guess you will love him?

Reactions: EverettMike

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
He strikes me as a clickbait dope for The Athletic. Not really respectable seeing how he’s ranked a top system.

Idiots like McCarthy and Tomase know he’s a name though so they throw out their garbage tweets acting like he’s the be all end all for rankings because it fits their narrative.

Mouth breathers run to their content and drool over it, thinking their content is Word.

It’s the vicious cycle of stupidity that I will continue to mock because they are dishonest hacks who suck and target the Followers of the Red Sox — not the fans. (thank you @DKH for making this great point elsewhere on the forum — it works for all Boston sports!)

Feel better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad