Red Sox/MLB Off Season III - Tom Werner says ownership’s ‘heart and soul is with the Red Sox,’ and the team is not going to be sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The funny thing is that I guess I am one of the people that people like him are putting on ignore. Lol. Those people have no desire to be open minded on anything. It's either Bloom is doing a great job or you know absolutely nothing about baseball.
I have never used the function. I’ve learned alot from debates with people I swore were wrong. I like differing opinions and can respect that. The issue I seem to find on message boards is some people never have anything good to say, which I just dismiss and some just love every single move the team makes which is mind boggling but you can see it’s coming from a place of fandom

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I have never used the function. I’ve learned alot from debates with people I swore were wrong. I like differing opinions and can respect that. The issue I seem to find on message boards is some people never have anything good to say, which I just dismiss and some just love every single move the team makes which is mind boggling but you can see it’s coming from a place of fandom
I was on the Bloom train after the surprise ALCS run a couple years ago. I just think he has gotten a lot of stuff wrong since then. I'm a slave to the scoreboard.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He’s one of the most respected people at his craft by everyone in the industry. Next year when he ranks them 10 I guess you will love him?

I think 23rd for their pool is just blatant dishonesty and screaming for clicks.

He may be respected but I don’t really care for The Athletic and find a majority of their writers are hackish. NHL is probably the worst. A bunch of Leafs loving losers.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

"I've heard what everyone else has heard: that they're not happy with me," Cohen said. "I hear things from people who are maybe more neutral -- that they're taking a lot of heat from their fans. I kind of look at that like, you're looking at the wrong person. They're putting it on me. Maybe they need to look more at themselves.

"I'm not responsible for how other teams run their clubs," he added. "I'm really not. That's not my job. And there are disparities in baseball. We know that to be true. I'm following the rules. They set the rules down, I'm following them."​

they might never win a thing but i am going to enjoy every second of it.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

"I've heard what everyone else has heard: that they're not happy with me," Cohen said. "I hear things from people who are maybe more neutral -- that they're taking a lot of heat from their fans. I kind of look at that like, you're looking at the wrong person. They're putting it on me. Maybe they need to look more at themselves.

"I'm not responsible for how other teams run their clubs," he added. "I'm really not. That's not my job. And there are disparities in baseball. We know that to be true. I'm following the rules. They set the rules down, I'm following them."​

they might never win a thing but i am going to enjoy every second of it.

I honestly think Cohen is going to keep Bezos from getting an NFL team.

Which is awesome for all sorts of reasons.

Reactions: CDJ and LouJersey

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
I honestly think Cohen is going to keep Bezos from getting an NFL team.

Which is awesome for all sorts of reasons.
I think the most glaring effect Cohen will have on sports is the blocking of actual fans from becoming owners. The Jerry Buss types that have no problem burning their own money to make their favourite team win some ball games.

Bezos may be richer than god but he's also a soulless weirdo who might not have the capacity to feel joy, good chance he wants to run the team like every other owner and just sit back and watch his pile of money grow.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s one of the most respected people at his craft by everyone in the industry. Next year when he ranks them 10 I guess you will love him?
If he ranks them 10 and everybody else ranks them 23 then I’d go with the consensus. Just like I’m doing right now when the consensus says they’re ~ a top 1/3 farm

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I think the most glaring effect Cohen will have on sports is the blocking of actual fans from becoming owners. The Jerry Buss types that have no problem burning their own money to make their favourite team win some ball games.

Bezos may be richer than god but he's also a soulless weirdo who might not have the capacity to feel joy, good chance he wants to run the team like every other owner and just sit back and watch his pile of money grow.

I don't know how they'd actually do this. Dan Snyder is the biggest Washington C-Words fan in the world, but he f***ing sucks and makes the rest of them look better.

I do think they can easily block anyone who has more money than God, though. But an interesting thought nonetheless.

Reactions: CDJ

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

In hockey, there was the late Mike Ilitch who happily would lose millions to win a Cup. This enraged another owner who lives in Buffalo.

Reactions: CDJ and Hoverhand

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad