Off-Season Game Plan: Florida Panthers

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He was pretty productive before he got to Pittsburgh. Always a 20+ goal scorer, even when missing significant time.

Neal is the type of player who is known for not really being able to produce a whole lot of offense by himself. HOWEVER, on a line with Barkov he doesn't need to do that. All he needs to do is wait for a pass from Barky and score. That being said as long as the trade isn't ridiculous for Neal I would welcome him with open arms here, reputation or not.

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
The Neal rumors were confirmed to be not true, but even if they were I think players like Neal are still a pipe dream. We hear about guys like Dave Bolland and the Panthers, not James Neal.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I wouldn't rule out Neal wanting out of Pittsburgh unless I saw a quote from the GM that Neal was safe. The changes to PIT have already begun and the guy might not want to stick around to experience them. New GM, new atmosphere. Like when Dale came to Florida, Horton wanted out probably as soon as he knew about the new GM coming in and wanting the team to undergo a full-fledged rebuild. I'm not saying the new GM in PIT wants to rebuild, but I think many expect him to shake the roster up.

Thunderheart

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
What about Iginla (RW)??

If Boston can not offer Iginla a multi year contract he wants would he fit in on Barkov's RW? Not sure we have enough playoff potential for the aging star to come here for a multiple year contract...but at 36 years old and still a 30 goal scorer it could add some of the experience Talon is looking for the youngster forwards and improves our RW top lines (Iginla and Boyes)!:handclap:
thunderheart

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't rule out Neal wanting out of Pittsburgh unless I saw a quote from the GM that Neal was safe. The changes to PIT have already begun and the guy might not want to stick around to experience them. New GM, new atmosphere. Like when Dale came to Florida, Horton wanted out probably as soon as he knew about the new GM coming in and wanting the team to undergo a full-fledged rebuild. I'm not saying the new GM in PIT wants to rebuild, but I think many expect him to shake the roster up.

Pittsburgh is simply going to retool, not rebuild. I'd have to think they want to remain a Cup contender while they still have Crosby and Malkin there, just with switching out some personnel.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
CBj trade 2014 + 2015 1st Picks along with Nikitin + Umberger/Erixon if waned (CBJ reains some salary) to Florida for their 2014 1st

Is it fair?

CBJ fan

It's not bad, but Columbus will probably be decent again next year, so 2 middle/later first round picks for 1st overall doesn't appeal to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad