Off-Season Fantasy Draft #2 Sign-Up/Discussion

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Awww man, my roster is complete and it's just over now? I wanna draft a bunch of spares or something, for no actual purpose.

We'll do voting in the next day or two. But yea, as for actual drafting, that's it.

Reactions: ujju2

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Here is the bracket:

1689810186969.png

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I don't feel great about being in the Sean Avery division. I don't think i built a scumbag team. At least, not intentionally.

I feel like i should possibly be in thes Zemguses Girgensonsons divisions potentiallys.

• Haha
Reactions: LT and abo9

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Voting threads are live!

Votes cannot be changed and are private.

If you would like your lineup to be changed, please message me with the full, corrected lineup. I will update it as soon as I can.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Not even campaigning or anything because the vote is in and done...but i'd love for future reference, for some people to explain what exactly was so wrong with my team to get blown out like 2:1 in the voting?

What was the achilles heel i didn't see?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Not even campaigning or anything because the vote is in and done...but i'd love for future reference, for some people to explain what exactly was so wrong with my team to get blown out like 2:1 in the voting?

What was the achilles heel i didn't see?
I’m not sure which team is yours, which is it?

Also, I got blown out last year and then cruised in the hindsight vote 12 months later, don’t worry about this one

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’m not sure which team is yours, which is it?

Also, I got blown out last year and then cruised in the hindsight vote 12 months later, don’t worry about this one

My team is the Philly Gritties. Appreciate your feedback.

Actually gave me some insight into how the voting here works and where i "went wrong".

tbh i'd still pick mostly the same players even if it's not the right thing to do. I had a fun draft. I'm not too worried about the vote. More just...very confused. I feel like i'm on the "losing" side of half the votes. :laugh:

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

Actually gave me some insight into how the voting here works and where i "went wrong".

tbh i'd still pick mostly the same players even if it's not the right thing to do. I had a fun draft. I'm not too worried about the vote. More just...very confused. I feel like i'm on the "losing" side of half the votes. :laugh:
I’m always voting for 50%+ of losers. The vote is just extra, the drafting is more fun… and coming in here to say why you were right every few months when your guys look good

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Not enough Jfresh-approved players

Reactions: biturbo19

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If you arranged the center depth as Malkin - Barzal - Stephenson, you probably run away with it

This group is a huge stickler on the actual lineup. Which I disagree with - its GM games, not COACH games.

Reactions: ujju2

OB5

May 2, 2015
If you arranged the center depth as Malkin - Barzal - Stephenson, you probably run away with it

This group is a huge stickler on the actual lineup. Which I disagree with - its GM games, not COACH games.
Imagine you weren't able to set your lines in NHL23 GM Mode

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’m always voting for 50%+ of losers. The vote is just extra, the drafting is more fun… and coming in here to say why you were right every few months when your guys look good

:laugh: Yeah. It really feels like i'm in some bizarro world with some of the voting. I like some very different teams than the majority apparently.

But anyway...the draft was definitely the fun of it. And i know i prefer a very different sort of team than a lot of people on this site. I'm not really too offended. But it was still surprising to see just how far off i apparently am.

Hmmm...this is something i actually did consider and play around with. It almost made more sense with my wingers too. I've even got some built-in chemistry where that would've bumped JVR up to the Top-6 and i could've run him with Tippett. But it just seemed like a waste to me, to stick Stephenson on a 3rd line. I thought it made more sense to have him in the Top-6 playing hypothetically bigger minutes. Especially when i've already got a guy like Lowry who is pretty much the prototypical 3rd line Center who can easily handle significant minutes there as well.

Depth is obviously king, but getting your best players more minutes is also huge to me. But i guess i completely misread how that would come across. :dunno:

I do understand why people are kind of sticklers for the actual lineup as presented. It shows intent behind some of the picks. It's also like...duh...people are gonna vote based on what they see. Most people aren't going to put the same sort of thought and effort into thinking about different configurations for your roster...they're doing that for their own team.

I just (apparently mistakenly) prioritized flexbility and options over a singular, concise set of lines. I think i almost over-flexed my roster to the point i had real trouble deciding what the best way to present it would even be. Lesson learned i guess. :laugh: Though truth be told, if or when i do another one of these games, i'll probably still make the same mistake all over again because flexibility is something i value a lot in a roster.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I just (apparently mistakenly) prioritized flexbility and options over a singular, concise set of lines. I think i almost over-flexed my roster to the point i had real trouble deciding what the best way to present it would even be. Lesson learned i guess. :laugh: Though truth be told, if or when i do another one of these games, i'll probably still make the same mistake all over again because flexibility is something i value a lot in a roster.

This is what I'm getting at with the disdain for voting based on lineups. There's no reason in reality you couldn't just switch between any of the combinations we discussed above. But that goes out the window here since many/most of us aren't able to (or simply don't want to take the time and effort to) break apart each lineup and see if we just like the collection of players better or not.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
To my mind, the team needs to be able to run different configurations that make sense or, at the minimum, mix it up in a way that makes sense when some players are on heaters while others are quiet.

Pacioretty - Eichel - Nylander
Mikheyev - Backlund - Toffoli
Carrier - Lundell - Amadio
Sokolov - Eller - Bemstrom

Pacioretty - Eichel - Toffoli
Amadio - Backlund - Nylander
Mikheyev - Lundell - Bemstrom
Carrier - Eller - Sokolov

Toffoli - Eichel - Mikheyev
Pacioretty - Lundell - Nylander
Carrier - Backlund - Bemstrom
Sokolov - Eller - Amadio

This one, upon reflection, is short a flex centre/winger.

Last edited:
Reactions: biturbo19

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
To my mind, the team needs to be able to run different configurations that make sense or, at the minimum, mix it up in a way that makes sense when some players are on heaters while others are quiet.

Pacioretty - Eichel - Nylander
Mikheyev - Backlund - Toffoli
Carrier - Lundell - Amadio
Sokolov - Eller - Bemstrom

Pacioretty - Eichel - Toffoli
Amadio - Backlund - Nylander
Mikheyev - Lundell - Bemstrom
Carrier - Eller - Sokolov

Toffoli - Eichel - Mikheyev
Pacioretty - Lundell - Nylander
Carrier - Backlund - Bemstrom
Sokolov - Eller - Amadio

This one, upon reflection, is short a flex centre/winger.

This is where i felt like i was putting together a team that i liked a lot. But obviously it didn't translate.

Like...

Schenn-Malkin-Tippett
Farabee-Stephenson-Barzal
JVR-Lowry-Kurashev
Girgensons-Veleno-Jones

Schenn-Malkin-Farabee
Stephenson-Barzal-Tippett
Girgensons-Lowry-Jones
JVR-Veleno-Kurashev

Schenn-Malkin-Farabee
JVR-Barzal-Tippett
Veleno-Stephenson-Kurashev
Girgensons-Lowry-Jones

Schenn-Malkin-Barzal
JVR-Stephenson-Tippett
Farabee-Lowry-Kurashev
Girgensons-Veleno-Jones

JVR-Malkin-Barzal
Schenn-Stephenson-Tippett
Farabee-Lowry-Kurashev
Girgensons-Veleno-Jones

Farabee-Malkin-Barzal
JVR-Schenn-Tippett
Girgensons-Lowry-Jones
JVR-Veleno-Kurashev

Schenn-Barzal-Tippett
Stephenson-Malkin-Farabee
Girgensons-Lowry-Jones
JVR-Veleno-Kurashev

Stephenson-Barzal-Tippett
JVR-Malkin-Farabee
Kurashev-Schenn-Jones
Veleno-Lowry-Girgensons

i could go on an on for days...and actually did, mulling over what the best "presentation" of my roster would be. But clearly didn't settle on the best configuration. :laugh:

Reactions: Nucker101

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If I can land minimum 30 GMS, I’ll run it.

- 70M cap 2023-2024 contracts, anyone without a contract gets last years. Any signed prospect, but only signed prospects are fair game.
- Player trades only, but unlimited, players can be dealt twice, three team deals permitted.
- Draft slot draft
- Opponent selection pre-draft
- Round 3 AND 4 reversed

I believe the only way I could cause a more chaotic board is with pick trades but I don’t want those. They’re a headache.

Blinny

This is the Sway
Jan 6, 2010
Dorchester
If I can land minimum 30 GMS, I’ll run it.

- 70M cap 2023-2024 contracts, anyone without a contract gets last years. Any signed prospect, but only signed prospects are fair game.
- Player trades only, but unlimited, players can be dealt twice, three team deals permitted.
- Draft slot draft
- Opponent selection pre-draft
- Round 3 AND 4 reversed

I believe the only way I could cause a more chaotic board is with pick trades but I don’t want those. They’re a headache.
In!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad