Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 4.0 - Steve Pearce signs for 2/$12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If EE has actually signed with HOU, then I really hope Fowler is signed ++ another bat to replace Bautista+EE.

In fact I would like Fowler + Bautista

Fowler RF
Donaldson 3B
Bautista 1B
Morales DH
Tulowitzki SS
Martin C
Travis 2B
Pearce LF
Pillar CF

Are you just going to post this every hour on the hour? Seriously I've read you post this like 5 times already. I'm starting to get the feeling this is just automated scheduled posts like you can schedule tweets on twitter

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Nowhere did I say that Edwin rejected that offer, which I am almost certain did not exist. I simply stated that if Trumbo is going to sign for $70-80M, then Edwin getting over $100M is not unrealistic.

He's not getting over a 100 million. Please stop.

Who is going to offer him this?

Cleveland? Who is poor
Baltimore? Which is still in on Trumbo big time
NYY? Who already signed Holiday
Houston? Who already signed Beltran, Reddick and traded for McCann
Boston??? Who already said they are out
Texas??? Said the same thing going internal, and want Moreland back

Who is going to give him 100 million

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Fowler RF
Donaldson 3B
Bautista 1B
Morales DH
Tulowitzki SS
Martin C
Travis 2B
Pearce LF
Pillar CF

I am not one to put on my GM hat and propose signings and trades but oh well I will take a shot at it... here is what I would do.

1. 2B Devon Travis (R)
2. 3B Josh Donaldson (R)
3. 1B/RF Jose Bautista (R)
4. DH/1B Kendrys Morales (S)
5. SS Troy Tulowitzki (R)
6. 1B/LF/RF Steve Pearce (R) / 1B Justin Smoak (S)
7. LF/RF Jay Bruce/Curtis Granderson (L) / LF/RF Melvin Upton Jr. (R)
8. C Russell Martin (R)
9. CF Kevin Pillar (R)

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
He is vastly superior today, but over the course of a ~4 year contract the outcome likely isn't as disparaging as you think it is due to Trumbo's age advantage. You aren't signing these players and receiving their value over the past 4 years; you are receiving future value.

Sure, but Trumbo's entering his age-31 season, so he should be expected to decline soon as well. His second half of 2016 probably won't help either.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
He's not getting over a 100 million. Please stop.

Who is going to offer him this?

Cleveland? Who is poor
Baltimore? Which is still in on Trumbo big time
NYY? Who already signed Holiday
Houston? Who already signed Beltran, Reddick and traded for McCann
Boston??? Who already said they are out
Texas??? Said the same thing going internal, and want Moreland back

Who is going to give him 100 million

My oh my. I am going to slow this down a bit. Nowhere did I say that Edwin is getting $100M. I was merely using the "If Trumbo gets x, then Edwin could get Y" to compare the two players. Since you apparently see more value in Mark "DINGERZ" Trumbo than Edwin. Edwin is more valuable than Trumbo, it is not hard to see that.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
apparently chapman wants a 6 year contract

i just spoke to aroldis chapman about his contract negotiations; told me he has not evaluated any offers yet and will do so this week. Chapman: "the only thing i have expressed is that i would like a six-year contract. i know that doesn't mean that i will get it, but that's what i would like to sign. there are rumors out there that i requested $100 million and that's not true at all. I believe he who deserves something, does not need to demand it."

aroldis chapman to me on whether the cubs have reached out: "the cubs have never expressed any interest in resigning me, as far as i know."

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yup. Both sides lost. EE is a huge bat to lose

Maybe it's all a smoke screen?;)

Act 1 : Jays sign Morales , Edwin goes WTF?

Act 2 : Pearce signs with Jays , Edwin's parrots skwaaakss "You dirty rotten WTFERS"

Act 3: Edwin agrees to 3 year deal with TORONTO Dec 7th

Act 4: Jays trade Morales and Smokey in next 5 weeks

:yo::yo::yo::sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
My oh my. I am going to slow this down a bit. Nowhere did I say that Edwin is getting $100M. I was merely using the "If Trumbo gets x, then Edwin could get Y" to compare the two players. Since you apparently see more value in Mark "DINGERZ" Trumbo than Edwin. Edwin is more valuable than Trumbo, it is not hard to see that.

200.gif

BlueForever

Sep 23, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Find this very funny honestly.

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

blue jays, despite recent moves, not completely ruling out a return for encarnacion fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-jay…

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I can still remember Sharpiro saying ,the fans need to come out ......

They did , and we got Pearce and Morales in result.....

Maybe we should have stayed home:laugh:

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Yup. Both sides lost. EE is a huge bat to lose

How did we "lose"? We extracted all of EE's best years at peanut-prices and will receive a 1st round pick for a 34 year old bat-only player who will almost certainly not live up to whatever contract he ends up signing.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Find this very funny honestly.

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

blue jays, despite recent moves, not completely ruling out a return for encarnacion fanragsports.com/mlb/heyman-jay…

Could they flip Morales ???? There was other teams interested in him....

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You mean when the team was awful and we spent whole games doing nothing but bagging on Corey Patterson and Juan Rivera?

Those were the days :laugh:

If we sign Edwin right now and I'm not sure we'd have enough money left to field an outfield with 2 studs like Patterson and Rivera

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
You mean when the team was awful and we spent whole games doing nothing but bagging on Corey Patterson and Juan Rivera?

Those were the days :laugh:

But lets not forget when Jose Molina had that triple! Or when Corey Patterson had that walk-off homer! Or when Juan Rivera hit that magical homer in Texas! Or lastly, when John McDonald hit that walk-off homer! Let's not forget that 2010 team either, just remember all those dingerz...

You are right, Nem. Those truly were the days :sarcasm:

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
I can still remember Sharpiro saying ,the fans need to come out ......
They did , we got Pearce and Morlases in result.....

Morales and Pearce very likely out-produce Encarnacion on a smaller per-year cost. Morales alone hit the ball harder than Encarnacion last season and actually made better contact within the strike zone.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Just like we should have stayed home when we got Happ and Estrada instead of Price?

Nobody is running around the Rogers Centre with bald head wigs of Happ tho..It's the parrot......

Don't get me wrong Happ played out of his mind last year, excellent...but Edwin is the fan fave....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad