Off-season discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Offseason wish list

Well the record is good but the season was far from satisfying.

Players I badly want gone :

- David Desharnais
I actually don't mind him that much, but I'm god damn tired to see him on the first line and be man handled in the playoffs.

- Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
He fits nowhere. He's not skilled enough to be on our top 6. Waste of a roster spot.

- Alexei Emelin
He's god awful. Has no offensive skill and he blows coverage way too much. His only contribution is being physical but all our dmen are starting to be tougher so he's kinda useless now.

- Tom Gilbert
I'll never understand the love he gets here. Seems like once or twice a game he makes a brain fart and it results in a lot of goals against. He was brought here to help our offense and break out of the défensive zone but it's the areas he's been worst at.No, he's not a luxuary of a 6th dman. He blows.

Players I wouldn't mind to be traded :

- Tomas Plekanec
I love Plekanec, he's been one of my favorite players during the past decade and I've defended him a lot, but his play in the playoffs is inexcusable. He could fetch us some key pieces going forward.

- Andrei Markov
Either give him substentially less ice time or trade him. He's not what he used to be. Worst dman in the playoffs right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looks like we're drafting 23rd. No need to play the third period.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Need offense so you trade a young offensive player for DSP, Mitchell and Flynn...who the hell thinks that was a good idea...who?!?!

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
Better be a blockbuster trade this summer or i'll be really disappointed. Can i get the list of the players who don't have a contract for the next year please?

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
In the offseason, time to get rid of the dead wood and soft players. Guys like PAP, Flynn, Mitchell and probably DD, Plekanec and Eller. ****ing fed up of tentative, soft players that don't "bring it" when it counts....

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Desharnais our offensive leader is not due for another es Playoff goal until 2019 which is beyond his contract so we should trade him for a (late) pick.

Get Petry if we can he has the goods/

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
-Make room and sign Petry
-Upgrade top 6, mostly the centre line
-Find a new PP coach

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Overhaul is needed.

Its a disappointing year for the franchise. A short playoff and all youth stagnating or regressing.

Its sad because what Price did. He was the sole highlight.

You have to ask where this franchise is going. It was a wastec one in terms if supposed development. Add a brutal coaching staff that was inexplicately resigned long term.

This was probably the worst type of year

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Center line needs to be changed.

DD out

Live and die with Galchenyuk as our first center. Develop him. Keep him there NO MATTER WHAT. We have NO BETTER OPTION.

Eller as 2nd center and Plekanec as third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig