Off-Season Discussion 2023

"Significant Changes" for the Preds this summer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I agree, I think Barrie would be worth a hold until at minimum the deadline next year. He may not be the strongest in his own zone, but he's still experience enough to shelter some of the newer guys.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I just don't want Barrie playing big ES minutes, and I don't know if you can run a Lauzon-Barrie pairing as the 3rd pair.

Anxious to see more of Livingstone, he has the size and skating to be top 4. He's exactly what we need, a big dude that can skate.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
So, now that Joey and Matt have been launched, who are the new high five, hand slap guys going to be as the team leaves the ice after a win? And who is going to be the new OCD guy that sits on an empty bench half an hour before the game with two bottles of Gatorade and then gets up at exactly the same time and runs down the tunnel? THAT'S WHAT I NEED GMBT TO TELL ME!

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Look at that dead cap space over the next three to five seasons. Duchene/Joey type hit for 0pts the next three seasons plus the cost of replacements.

IMG_5559.png

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
My guess is teams looked at RyJo and said “yeah, I could pay him 4M to play 3C.” But Duchene doesn’t really project as a 3RW at any price. He’s an aging 1RW who was always inconsistent at his best.

(But with all that said, my eyes tell me he still has wheels and a shot. So idk)
But.... he still provides on ice value and we arent a cap team. Why buy him out now unless we just really dont want him around?

Are we racing to the bottom or are we gonna do something stupid like get debrincat

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The message I'm getting from the RyJo and Duchene moves is clear...we are in full rebuild, we are going to play kids, and we see this taking at least 3 years.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I'm gonna shut up. My first insano reaction was 'Trotz is going to f***ing trade for Nylander.' But I was sick all of yesterday and I'm still in recovery. Give me a day to digest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad