Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
http://www.jatkoaika.com/Haastattel...hienoa-ettei-ole-heti-kutosia-taululla/171590

I found this interview with Aittokallio. I can run it through google translate but he talks about the contract situation and I'd like to know what he actually says. It seems like he's not coming back to North America. So anyone that can help with proper translation would be great.

he learned a lot in NA.

first year had no goalie coach. weird situation, two young goalies but no one to help them. except billington maybe once a month came to stop by.

after pickard was sent down to AHL last season, he didn't get to play much. that was tough but he learned to appreciate working hard every day. practices were his games. learned to concentrate better.

avs sent a contract offer and it was done, avs maintain his rights. hasn't given up on his dreams in NA. unlikely to come to the avs camp. wouldn't get to play much anyway and time differences etc.

has had two shutouts already. ''nice to have it this way too occasionally, instead of giving up half a dozen goals''.

also says EJ is a huge hypocrite and his sources are telling him he'll be traded to the panthers for gudbranson.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Apparently Aittokallio has started really well with Karpat(2 shutouts and one game were he let in one goal). This move might pay-off after all.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
:laugh: Alright man, but when you say things like this:

And then say we're the ones who need to "chill out" and "not freak out about a simple observation".

What are you expecting? You offer up no logical reasoning to your opinion, other than he posted a picture of Scrooge McDuck when O'Reilly signed his 12M/2yr deal w/ the Avs. And that picture could be taken in a number of meanings (not limited to the joke that O'Reilly would now be "swimming in money", which the picture depicted McDuck diving into a large pile of gold/money/etc.)

Don't be surprised if people challenge that idea.

So mocking, changing what I say around and falsly attacking my mind set is challenging??? :shakehead

Man, you Internet people sure have a funny way of challenging a comment.

My reasoning is certainly a lot more logical than the crap most of you guys are pulling. When all you got are these stupid internet games that tells me you have absolutely no logical response.

But to answer your question, I expect people to take a comment at face value, and I expect grown adults to act their age and not play stupid childish games simply because they didn't like a comment. I guess that's too much to expect on the Internet though.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Plus we'll have a contract spot opening up after the EJ-trade, so it's not like there's any risk to signing Aitto.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Plus we'll have a contract spot opening up after the EJ-trade, so it's not like there's any risk to signing Aitto.

Yeah but we are a bit thin on the wings after trading EJ + Rantanen for Stamkos. And that 11 M extension puts us in a bit of a bind.

The Duchene for OEL trade helps with the cap (and our D) but we really should look into adding some forward depth.

Maybe we could get Bozak for a 2nd and play Stamkos on his wing?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So mocking, changing what I say around and falsly attacking my mind set is challenging??? :shakehead

I quoted your exact words. I didn't change anything around.

You still offer up no reasoning for your opinions, so again, don't be surprised if people call you out on that.

Again, try explaining, beyond EJ teasingly posting a pic of Scrooge McDuck on Twitter in response to O'Reilly's 2 year deal w/ the Avs, why you feel he's a hypocrite. As someone who was one of O'Reilly's biggest supporters here, I'd genuinely like to know what else is giving you this opinion. Like I said, to date, we've gotten little-to-no information on their negotiations, and again, I won't count The Fourth Period as a source for this.

Last edited:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I don't know if Gudbranson will be anything more than a #4 defensemen, which IMO he is now. I'd venture to say Florida says yes very quickly

He's better than a #4, but he still has work to do. Most D Men do not come into their own fully until their 5th or 6th season.
Look at EJ, he showed flashes at times but his development into a full on #1 didn't come until late in the 2011-12 season and he really blossomed in 2013-14.

They usually have some noticeable holes in their game prior to those years, either on offense or with defensive nuances.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He's better than a #4, but he still has work to do. Most D Men do not come into their own fully until their 5th or 6th season.
Look at EJ, he showed flashes at times but his development into a full on #1 didn't come until late in the 2011-12 season and he really blossomed in 2013-14.

They usually have some noticeable holes in their game prior to those years, either on offense or with defensive nuances.

There's a big difference between the two players, though. EJ had 1 less point in his rookie season than Gudbranson has had in his entire career thus far. He doesn't have any offensive ability whatsoever, and I think that at his peak he'll be a #3 defensemen but I see him as a #4 rough-and-tough defensemen. Not that it's a bad thing because he's still a top-4 defensemen, just not on the higher end for me personally.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
eakin extended, 4x3.85 mil. guess nill liked what he saw after playing hardball with him year ago.

He and Roussel are really high end bottom 6ers, but that's a good chunk of change to pay a 3rd liner. They're very fortunate they have Seguin and Benn locked up for as cheap as they are.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Guys, can we take it down a notch? It says right here in the rules

Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted.

If your post needs to have "you" in it, might be time to look it over and reevaluate.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Guys, can we take it down a notch? It says right here in the rules

Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted.

If your post needs to have "you" in it, might be time to look it over and reevaluate.

I agree with yo_...uh...Tigervixxen.

:D

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I haven't been around much for the summer, just to check in once in a while, Where is all this EJ trade talk coming from, just jokes or is there some speculation?

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
He and Roussel are really high end bottom 6ers, but that's a good chunk of change to pay a 3rd liner. They're very fortunate they have Seguin and Benn locked up for as cheap as they are.

I disagree with that. imo that`s a very nice salary for a good middle-six tweener like him and 3.8M for a 3rd liner is a fair price. for example, Soderberg when/if he gets demoted to 3rd line so Mac can move back to center will be a way more expensive #3 C.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I disagree with that. imo that`s a very nice salary for a good middle-six tweener like him and 3.8M for a 3rd liner is a fair price. for example, Soderberg when/if he gets demoted to 3rd line so Mac can move back to center will be a way more expensive #3 C.

eakin had 2 RFA years on his deal which brought down the price.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There's a big difference between the two players, though. EJ had 1 less point in his rookie season than Gudbranson has had in his entire career thus far. He doesn't have any offensive ability whatsoever, and I think that at his peak he'll be a #3 defensemen but I see him as a #4 rough-and-tough defensemen. Not that it's a bad thing because he's still a top-4 defensemen, just not on the higher end for me personally.

Often times too much is made of the offensive production of D men. Gudbranson is going to make his mark on defense. He was never seen as a offensive D man any way. His job is to be a big, physical presence and help to negate the opposing team.

EJ was always expected to score, he showed flashes before the draft with the potential to notch some goals and have a big shot.
That was one of the reasons people in St. Louis were soured on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad