Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Borna might be one of my favourite prospects we have, for some reason I just really really want to see his succeed. Seems like a great guy.

Was hugely loved when he played in Finland. Apparently a really likable dude.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fatty doesn't look too fat in that picture. :sarcasm:

Nice to see him in Avs colours.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Good to see him committed. I know he's a professional athlete but with the rumors about his off ice maturity being a problem it's nice seeing him working out properly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Was hugely loved when he played in Finland. Apparently a really likable dude.

With the way he's taken to the physical side of the game, I'm really hoping he can translate his offensive talent this year. With his speed, size, and new found physicality, he could be a really nice McGinn-type middle-6er if he could figure out how to implement that skill on the smaller ice. Especially with the chemistry he seemed to have with Duchene right before breaking his leg.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
With the way he's taken to the physical side of the game, I'm really hoping he can translate his offensive talent this year. With his speed, size, and new found physicality, he could be a really nice McGinn-type middle-6er if he could figure out how to implement that skill on the smaller ice. Especially with the chemistry he seemed to have with Duchene right before breaking his leg.

If, as you said, he can put it all together, he's going to be a better player than McGinn. If he consistently uses his body the way McGinn did, I have no doubt he can be better given his puck skills and fantastic shot

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
1115980112.gif

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If, as you said, he can put it all together, he's going to be a better player than McGinn. If he consistently uses his body the way McGinn did, I have no doubt he can be better given his puck skills and fantastic shot

He has that kind of talent, but some guys just can't adjust to the angles on smaller ice. So I'm very curious about where his development goes. If he can't find his skill/scoring-touch, then his skating, size and physicality could make him a solid 4th line energy guy, but the talent is there for a lot more than that. He's another player like Siemens who could really use a break out year before more of the new prospects hit the AHL roster; especially after having his season cut short right as he was getting a shot on Duchene's wing, where looked like he could be useful for the little while he got to play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad