Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Let's say we're actually able to sign Sekera or something like that.

If we can add one more free agent after that, would you guys prefer another defenseman like Hejda or a bottom 6 forward? Either one would probably be in the $3m AAV range.

#1 - By adding a "Hejda":

Landeskog - Soderberg - MacKinnon
Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla
Tanguay - Mitchell - Rantanen/Everberg
McLeod - Winchester - Everberg/Bordeleau
(Cliche)

Sekera - Johnson
Hejda - Barrie
Zadorov - Stuart
(Holden/Redmond/Guenin)

*will need to stuff a D or two down in San Antonio

...or...

#2 - By adding a "Fehr":

Landeskog - Soderberg - MacKinnon
Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla
Tanguay - Fehr - Rantanen/Everberg
McLeod - Mitchell - Everberg/Bordeleau
(Winchester/Cliche)

Sekera - Johnson
Stuart - Barrie
Zadorov - Holden
(Redmond/Guenin)

I prefer the latter, although there would be changes to my ideal lineup.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hejda. The less non-nhl caliber defense in our lineup, the better. If we bring in Sekera and re-sign hejda that's two clowns who move out.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Grigorenko - Duchene - Iginla.

Dutchy's too fast. I'd like to put him in with Rantanen just to let them create some chemistry.

Rantanen did say in his interview he wants to play with Duchene, and I think they wanted Rantanen more than course because they think he is NHL ready.

I wonder if the avalanche actually do plan to offer sheet someone, I can't see it being hamilton (because if they do what do they do with the left side d) unless they have some terrible trade lined up to do a barrie for gardiner + swap if they got hamilton. But they won't get hamilton, there are a ton of RFA's available

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm in the process of updating the "Off season 2015" thread name, that will be to talk about the rest of the NHL off season rumors

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Sorry, yeah, do whatever you want with the lines. Personally, I like Rantanen with Tanguay as it gives him a playmaker who is good defensively as well. I like Grigs with Dutchy because it's a big skilled winger for Matty to play with, while Iggy is a pure sniper who has developed some chemistry with Dutchy and provides some grit/leadership to the line.

My question is whether we prefer the ~$3m AAV UFA forward or defenseman.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
St. Louis was a win-win, they have pie and we have Barrie

Not sure how you can claim the caps won the varly trade though

I think both sides came out pretty good on the Varly trade. Have to ignore what they did later. But getting an unprotected 1st rounder from a team that just picked 3rd overall is pretty good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad