Rumor: OFF-SEASON AVS Proposals/Rumors/Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So Soderberg at 4.75 is more than I expected. Do we still have space for a Sekera or Oduya contract?

Yes, we do.

By my calculation, the Avs should have 8.60ish million in cap space. More than enough...and I think that even could be different when/if they trade O'Reilly

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
So Soderberg at 4.75 is more than I expected. Do we still have space for a Sekera or Oduya contract?

Very much so. ROR's 6 million is coming off. We have room to sign Sekera and still re-sign EJ, Barrie and Mack next year.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I have been hoping for Zadorov plus #21. If we could get something more in... wow

Right, I don't disagree, but rather was just saying if you could swap Ennis for someone like Foligno, that could work because he would fit better with the team (big body, 2nd/3rd line tweener, etc)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Friedman wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were/are one of the teams that made an offer for the 3rd pick.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Awful source. What a dream though.

I would take it at this point. Pretty solid offer all things considered, Ennis switches to the wing on Duchy's line while Zads can play with Barrie. Package the 10th with the 21st to move up (if not, I would trade the 21st for a late 1st + early 2nd) and try to snag Sekera still.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Right, I don't disagree, but rather was just saying if you could swap Ennis for someone like Foligno, that could work because he would fit better with the team (big body, 2nd/3rd line tweener, etc)

I agree in general but Ennis>> Foligno when it comes to value IMO.

So you always go for Ennis. He could look good next to Duchene and if not you should be able to get a decent haul for him.

He is not someone you would want in your top 6 on a cup contender unless you have the perfect surrounding cast but he is still quite an offensive talent on a decent contract.

Too bad that this source is bullsh...

I would very much like a return like that.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I would take it at this point. Pretty solid offer all things considered, Ennis switches to the wing on Duchy's line while Zads can play with Barrie. Package the 10th with the 21st to move up (if not, I would trade the 21st for a late 1st + early 2nd) and try to snag Sekera still.

oooo arent you crafty, not bad. Get on it Woodward

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Ennis would be a solid add.

Good contract, familiar with all 3 FWD positions, can play anywhere in the top 9, and is a bit underrated at both ends of the ice IMO.

He's no world beater, but he's probably better than the other 3rd pieces in the deals that were tossed around of late. I'd much rather Ennis than Grigorenko.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yes this rumor should be taken with a grain of salt, but what are the options for the 21st pick?
I think Samsonov is projected there and we clearly dont need a goalie prospect...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad