Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Free Agent Frenzy II - Robert Kraft on spending: In business to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
26-9-0 as a starter with a Super Bowl appearance.
That's great, he was also on a stacked team for most of those starts and there's very few quarterbacks who were less important to their teams offense than Jimmy on that super bowl run. 27 passes in the first two playoff games, and then when he actually had to throw the ball in the 4th quarter of the super bowl he went 3/11, 36 yards and a interception.

He's a handsome Andy Dalton

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
At this point, I hope Belichick gets what he wants. Maybe then he'll finally realize that Jimmy G is nothing more than an injury prone JAG. The play was to move up, and with Miami giving up the #3 and SF being bold, this leaves the Pats standing around with their dicks in their hands hoping SF is open to moving a guy that's missed more than half his possible starts in the NFL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
SF such liars

they know Jets are not taking QB

the new Jets coach was a SF coordinator last yr

they know

My guess is SF recovers a first next year from Patriots for their 2022 first

Brady vs Garappolo at Foxboro has to happen and it will

I believe in Jimmy G

Reactions: Silva

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
That's great, he was also on a stacked team for most of those starts and there's very few quarterbacks who were less important to their teams offense than Jimmy on that super bowl run. 27 passes in the first two playoff games, and then when he actually had to throw the ball in the 4th quarter of the super bowl he went 3/11, 36 yards and a interception.

Over the past three seasons, the "stacked" 49ers are 6-20 when Garoppolo doesn't play, and 17-8 when he does.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Over the past three seasons, the "stacked" 49ers are 6-20 when Garoppolo doesn't play, and 17-8 when he does.
Terrible qb's are still terrible even on stacked rosters and that's who replaced Jimmy. Also last years sf team had injuries to so many of their important players that even a Brady or Rodgers wouldn't make that much of a difference. I don't think i said anything controversial, despite making the super bowl Jimmy didn't have to do much to get there and once he had to throw he was terrible. His best season statistically is ok and what you expect from a average qb which is all i think he is and when you factor in he's injury prone it's hard to understand why people want him back so badly.

Reactions: Mione134 and LSCII

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
49ers are trying to suggest they're going for the Smith/Mahomes model. We'll see. I don't think it will work as well, but I also wouldn't want either Fields or Lance starting this year.

They either trade him for something this year or you're probably cutting him and getting nothing next year.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016

The Patriots are stacked

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Terrible qb's are still terrible even on stacked rosters and that's who replaced Jimmy. Also last years sf team had injuries to so many of their important players that even a Brady or Rodgers wouldn't make that much of a difference. I don't think i said anything controversial, despite making the super bowl Jimmy didn't have to do much to get there and once he had to throw he was terrible. His best season statistically is ok and what you expect from a average qb which is all i think he is and when you factor in he's injury prone it's hard to understand why people want him back so badly.
Its pretty simple why people want him back. He's an upgrade over Cam Newton.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
At this point, I hope Belichick gets what he wants. Maybe then he'll finally realize that Jimmy G is nothing more than an injury prone JAG. The play was to move up, and with Miami giving up the #3 and SF being bold, this leaves the Pats standing around with their dicks in their hands hoping SF is open to moving a guy that's missed more than half his possible starts in the NFL.

I dont see the need to prove to win with Jimmy. hes not durable and Bill needs to move on to find a reliable QB

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Its pretty simple why people want him back. He's an upgrade over Cam Newton.
He might be a upgrade over Cam but i also want Bill to be more ambitious than just getting a average QB to replace a below average one. It's also debatable if you even get better when you have to pay that average qb way more than you do a guy like Cam

Reactions: bbfan419 and LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He might be a upgrade over Cam but i also want Bill to be more ambitious than just getting a average QB to replace a below average one. It's also debatable if you even get better when you have to pay that average qb way more than you do a guy like Cam
Do you actually watch football

Reactions: DiggityDog

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

They need to move up and get Mac Jones and stop dabbling in QB scrubs.

Reactions: LSCII

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Do you actually watch football
I'm not even sure what part you're trying to respond to. That Jimmy isn't a average qb? That adding a 26 million cap hit to a team with just under 12 million left in cap space this season and 27 next restricts how you can improve the roster?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Jimmy G is at least accurate. He could do some things in this offense if he stays healthy, but I try to move up to get Jones. You don't want a revolving door of QB's for a decade

Reactions: Mione134

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Jimmy would be great with the pieces they’ve assembled, they’d just have to keep him on the field

he’s a definite upgrade but I’d still prefer they trade up. It’s more of a possible long term solution. Still plenty of room to do so too- the Falcons sit there at 4 and would probably be willing to move down. They’re not going to trade with Carolina so the opening should be there for us. The price to get up to 6 from 12 wasn’t bad at all. It would cost a little more to go from 15 to 4 but I’d be willing to cover it

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Jimmy would probably rework his contract, so dont worry about the money.

That makes sense to want someone better than Jimmy, but those top level guys arent available (Wilson and Watson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad