Patriots/NFL Off Season 2021 - Draft Begins Thursday, April 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Bill will find a way to scheme it and set Mac Jones up to succeed if he goes with him.
Bill really doesn't have that much input on the offense and McDaniels loves QB's who can extend plays with his legs if he's not got someone like Brady there. He wouldn't have drafted Tebow or wanted Lamar Jackson if he didn't.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tom Brady is the greatest of all time. The game is changing, unless you are elite in the pocket i don't think you can win a super bowl with a guy who's a stiff and can't extend plays with his legs. All of the QB's drafted so far can do that, Jones can't.
Last 10 QBs to win the Superbowl

Brady
Mahomes
Brady
Foles
Brady
Manning
Brady
Wilson
Flacco
E Manning

Who are the outliers there?

People are spoiled by Mahomes, because he can extend like I've never seen, but also stand in the pocket and rifle it too.

NFL will still be a pocket passing league until MULTIPLE mobile guys have success. Hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bill really doesn't have that much input on the offense and McDaniels loves QB's who can extend plays with his legs if he's not got someone like Brady there. He wouldn't have drafted Tebow or wanted Lamar Jackson if he didn't.

Bill had some say when he schemed it up for Brady in the first half of the dynasty. I say he'll have some influence over the Playbook this time on offense to make sure Mac Jones does well.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Matt Ryan has no athleticism. Does Mac Jones compare to him at all? I'd be very happy with that. I just don't see lack of athleticism as a reason to not take a QB if he has everything else you're looking for. So what are Jones' faults? Being surrounded by great talent...like Lawrence, Burrow, Fields, Tua weren't surrounded by great talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad