Patriots/NFL Off Season 2019 - Rob Gronkowski announces retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
It’s really not too crazy to think the Pats won’t draft a QB. They took Etling last year and kept him on the practice squad and just resigned him. There’s also likely to be a few QBs released/expiring in the offseason that the Pats liked in their draft years.

My bold prediction is that Jimmy G is still the next QB. 49ers supposedly have an easy out on the contract in 2020 or 2021. If he takes a full year to come back and has a poor showing the rest of the season that may be enough to warrant getting out of his deal.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Morning sports update: Los Angeles Times faces backlash for Super Bowl front page

"To insult the Rams with a sophomoric headline was in poor taste."
Rams coach Sean McVay walks off the field after losing Super Bowl LIII. –Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images

The Los Angeles Times’ day-after headline from Super Bowl LIII wasn’t a popular choice: Following Super Bowl LIII, the Los Angeles Times ran a headline on the newspaper’s front page that read, “Lambs, not Rams.”
The newspaper faced backlash from Rams fans, with one fan describing it as “simply an act of meanness.”
Times columnist Arash Markazi defended the headline, saying that it wasn’t interpreted correctly by some fans.

“The headline was written for a story about the Rams being young,” Markazi wrote on Twitter. The Times published several letters to the editor from fans who criticized the headline choice.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Morning sports update: Los Angeles Times faces backlash for Super Bowl front page

Rams coach Sean McVay walks off the field after losing Super Bowl LIII. –Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images

The Los Angeles Times’ day-after headline from Super Bowl LIII wasn’t a popular choice: Following Super Bowl LIII, the Los Angeles Times ran a headline on the newspaper’s front page that read, “Lambs, not Rams.”
The newspaper faced backlash from Rams fans, with one fan describing it as “simply an act of meanness.”
Times columnist Arash Markazi defended the headline, saying that it wasn’t interpreted correctly by some fans.

“The headline was written for a story about the Rams being young,” Markazi wrote on Twitter. The Times published several letters to the editor from fans who criticized the headline choice.

today's edition of "some people need to grow a set"

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

What makes these thinned skinned snowflakes reaction even worse is that the headline is accurate.

FribbleLine

Jul 13, 2014
Ocean State
No caption needed

4kscjs2ee5f21.jpg

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For some reason I can't play this at work...

What did he say?

He dared to say that Edelman wasn't as good as Troy Brown was in a clip from 8 years ago, you know, when JE11 wasn't actually as good as TB was at that point. The horror.

Literally the dumbest story I've seen because it was ACCURATE at that point in time and wasn't a slight to Jules. Brown was a tremendous WR here so saying JE wasn't as good as him back then isn't a hot take. It was fact.

The people getting offended by a take from 8 years ago are on par with the LA Ram's fans getting their panties in a bunch for the paper's headline calling them lambs.

Reactions: shoulders7

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I just dont want a backup and media clowns like Felger and Mazz who would run Brady out of town in a second by pumping his tires getting in the way of any future success. I'll worry about a qb after Brady hangs em up. Go Hoyer!
Do you really think these two dolts have any influence on the future of Brady?

I have the perfect antidote to this “the sky is falling” duo. Change the station....and not to Dale and whomever his partner is. Thank goodness for Sirius XM radio where you can get intelligent and lively sports chat.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
He dared to say that Edelman wasn't as good as Troy Brown was in a clip from 8 years ago, you know, when JE11 wasn't actually as good as TB was at that point. The horror.

Literally the dumbest story I've seen because it was ACCURATE at that point in time and wasn't a slight to Jules. Brown was a tremendous WR here so saying JE wasn't as good as him back then isn't a hot take. It was fact.

The people getting offended by a take from 8 years ago are on par with the LA Ram's fans getting their panties in a bunch for the paper's headline calling them lambs.
But it does show how he is wrong. Which from what I recall is wuite often.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

The ”Mr. August” part and ”might be able to fill a role” is funny in hindsight though.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Kyle Van Noy is a legend. ”We won the Super Bowl” and ”Haha, he’s so mad!” as well as the final comment were all great. :laugh:

And Michel’s humility speaks volumes out of a guy who without injury and fumble issues could’ve gone much earlier in the draft (and who fumbled only once on 209 carries and escaped an injury scare relatively unscathed this year, hopefully putting those worries to rest for now).

This team and their attitude is a beautiful thing, man.

Reactions: skullguise

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
But it does show how he is wrong. Which from what I recall is wuite often.

How was he wrong when he made that statement? Statistically, it wasn't close. Brown was better in that moment. 8 years later, you can say it's wrong, but it's again 8 years after the fact. When I post here, I'm not talking about forever. I'm talking about a point in time. It's the same thing with radio show hosts.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
providing hot takes and getting called out on them makes the sports world go round in all facets, the Bruins even made a video calling out Felger last year which was pretty lame, the Pats let their play do the talking for them which is why they are such an amazing dynasty.

skullguise

Nov 13, 2007
North Andover, MA

Kyle Van Noy is a legend. ”We won the Super Bowl” and ”Haha, he’s so mad!” as well as the final comment were all great. :laugh:

And Michel’s humility speaks volumes out of a guy who without injury and fumble issues could’ve gone much earlier in the draft (and who fumbled only once on 209 carries and escaped an injury scare relatively unscathed this year, hopefully putting those worries to rest for now).

This team and their attitude is a beautiful thing, man.

(Sorry, browser @ work didn't let me edit this). This was a great interview, also saw KVN in another where he was great as well. I wish he had used a stronger term to describe Mad Max....

Last edited:
Reactions: Fossy21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad