Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
We outplayed them most of the game

B
Callahan’s shitbaggery. Selling that last call.

U
The refs took over the late third. Two horrible calls, including the worst Elbow call I’ve ever seen, and a non trip on risto just before Callahan’s goal

I just can’t. Team played hard, and lost because of bs.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
G

B
Callahan’s ****baggery. Selling that last call.

U
The refs took over the late third. Two horrible calls, including the worst Elbow call I’ve ever seen, and a non trip on risto just before Callahan’s goal

I just can’t. Team played hard, and lost because of bs.

Preach

(nothing more to say, this says it all)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Live look at Jason Botterill ...

2hq4io0.jpg

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Im so used to losing these games slide right off my back

I get the feeling alot of our roster is the same way

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Winning in the NHL is like winning an election - you don't just have to be better than them, you have to better than them + the margin of corruption

Reactions: Wisent42

Konix

Lurkin'
Jul 7, 2013
Hamburg, NY
I'm getting tired of Scandella. He'll make some solid plays, like his goal tonight, but then directly or indirectly cost us far more. What was he, -3 tonight? Cherry on top was the deflection right to the stick of Callahan. Wonder how Beaulieu's doing?

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Like that in the NFL as well.
Like the Patriots game when they called back that TD.
Was just remarking that this might be the year where the NFL gets overtaken by the NHL for most ref-decided games. They're both miserably corrupt and it'll get worse with legalized gambling and both leagues with Vegas franchises.

Buff15Sabres

Mar 23, 2017
G:
We'll win a lot of games if we play the way we did tonight
Our middle lines had a lot of possession, and even scored some goals

B:
Can't even say I'm surprised by the officiating. The first 3 calls of the game went against Tampa, including a lengthy 5 on 3 (for a penalty that wasn't even a scoring chance). You absolutely knew the refs were looking to even up the number of powerplays after that. They seemed content to swallow their whistles and let the teams play, until Sergachev lost his mind and punched Larsson in the face with the butt of his stick. Only getting a 2 minute PP out of that was pretty lame, and then they called Eichel on a very weak penalty, and the rest is history.

U:
Scandella. I like that he scored, but he could have easily prevented 3 goals against if he could tie up sticks or clear the puck from the front of the net.

Reactions: brian_griffin

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Live look at Jason Botterill ...
2hq4io0.jpg
Botteril is going to be a very frustrating GM, who will make some good moves. But he'll also rest on his laurels and never be aggressive. The reality is, he's let this season sink away from the team and could've stopped the bleeding with a few shrewd moves.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
This is one of the rare loses, where instead of disappointed in my team, I'm furious at our opponent.

McDonagh sold the SHIT out of that brush, and then Callahan was actually worse.

Reactions: k8prisoner

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Was just remarking that this might be the year where the NFL gets overtaken by the NHL for most ref-decided games. They're both miserably corrupt and it'll get worse with legalized gambling and both leagues with Vegas franchises.
I was literally just about to post that a game like this is why the league getting involved with gambling and sports books is such a terrible idea. I'm just so angry because if they played like this last night they win easy. Instead they lose to possibly the best team ever.

Reactions: Ralonzo

CrankyJay

May 17, 2006
Lancaster, NY
Botteril is going to be a very frustrating GM, who will make some good moves. But he'll also rest on his laurels and never be aggressive. The reality is, he's let this season sink away from the team and could've stopped the bleeding with a few shrewd moves.

I’ll take his non-aggressiveness over what TM did. The team had a lot of luck to have that 10 game streak. I kind of wish it didn’t happen in the sense that it set fan expectations way too high. They were the worst team in the league last year. You can’t just flip a switch and be good.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I’ll take his non-aggressiveness over what TM did. The team had a lot of luck to have that 10 game streak. I kind of wish it didn’t happen in the sense that it set fan expectations way too high. They were the worst team in the league last year. You can’t just flip a switch and be good.

It sucks to have players that are obvious upgrades stuck in Roch

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

Some men just want to have trades to argue about on the main board.

Reactions: k8prisoner

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
You're assuming shrewd moves were available. It's entirely plausible that Botts is trying to make a move, but no one is selling anything worth buying.

Not with that attitude, i'm sure Ottawa would give up Duchene for Bailey, Guhle, and a 2nd.

Arguing with people stuck in that mode of delusion is pearls before swine.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Our coach thought putting Scandella Risto back together was a good idea tonight of all nights, multiple times intentionally matching them with Kucherov

2 bad goals early on their watch

Risto Corsi..11CF 25CA

Thanks Phil
He needs to be fired, but won't because we're "improved". The reality is, we were gifted a generational talent, have more stable goaltending and have found a first line. Outside of that, Phil is completely in over his head in year two.

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
You're assuming shrewd moves were available. It's entirely plausible that Botts is trying to make a move, but no one is selling anything worth buying.
Except moves are happening, trades are happening and Botts hasn't done anything. There is always trades to be made its whether or not Botts will do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad