OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
How on earth does a forward in the NHL only have 22 giveaways in a season? How are they counting?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
no surprise...McCann is on the ice though, which didn’t matter last game...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Hard to find words for how bad that lineup is down the middle.

Sullivan needs to stop being so stubborn and try a guy like zohorna or jordy. There not gonna be any worse than these stop gap fill ins. They might have upside. He won playing young guys but now refuses to. (At least at forward, I know he has recently on D)

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Sullivan needs to stop being so stubborn and try a guy like zohorna or jordy. There not gonna be any worse than these stop gap fill ins. They might have upside. He won playing young guys but now refuses to. (At least at forward, I know he has recently on D)

But....but...the fourth line looked good against a team that hasn't won in like 10 games! Both Jordy and Zohorna deserve a game the way they've played in WBS. And if you're Hextall, wouldn't want to see if you can potentially fix the 4th line internally before trading assets to fix it?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Maybe he's still driving back from WBS? :laugh: (the "sent" him back to the AHL yesterday)
He was on the taxi squad for only a brief period. That very well might have been a paper move only and he was still in WBS.

It doesn't appear he was on the ice this morning. He might still be traveling.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
But....but...the fourth line looked good against a team that hasn't won in like 10 games! Both Jordy and Zohorna deserve a game the way they've played in WBS. And if you're Hextall, wouldn't want to see if you can potentially fix the 4th line internally before trading assets to fix it?

Ya this is what I dont get. This is the perfect chance to see what you have at all in the system yet you play ahl scrap journey men.

Of all things to complain about sully, I never thought playing youth would be an issue.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ya this is what I dont get. This is the perfect chance to see what you have at all in the system yet you play ahl scrap journey men.

Of all things to complain about sully, I never thought playing youth would be an issue.

Sullivan has never had an issue with playing youth, the problem is that this website bitches anytime Sullivan doesn't do exactly what they want.

Him not agreeing with what you want to do doesn't mean he hates youth :laugh:

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Them not playing Zahorna is weird though.

It’s like 18-19 with Blueger.

Zohorna's leading WB/S in points too, so playing someone like Gaudreau who hasn't done anything anywhere is doubly dumb.

Sully's willingness to play the youth pretty much comes down to players he personally has coached or has picked out in the preseason. Again, I don't want to be right on this, but it looks like it's going to take another injury or two for him to finally try Zohorna, which is what I predicted in the offseason.

I wish to hell Sully would surprise me, but he never does.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Zohorna wasn't mentioned at all in any of the morning skate posts. The only mention was that he was called up. That tells me he's not in New Jersey yet.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah. Let’s not play the most productive player for us in the minors.

Sid’s off-season training shall be tested during this stretch.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Sullivan has never had an issue with playing youth, the problem is that this website bitches anytime Sullivan doesn't do exactly what they want.

Him not agreeing with what you want to do doesn't mean he hates youth :laugh:

Where did I say he hates youth? I started the comment saying I am surprised that he isn't this year. I know he hasn't had an issue before, but tell me the last time he opted to go with guys like Gaudreau, Scievour or Currie over a prospect? Even early this year DOC was up over Scievour.

So I am just saying why not try these guys? It seems weird he isn't. Your twisting my words. I never said he hated youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad