OFF DAY THREAD! Postponement extraordinaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think the last two games should put to bed the Bergeron over Sid narrative right now too. Anyone watching that game can tell why Bergeron is still relevant as a 1C and it ain’t his own play..

Bergeron is the perfect "third wheel" for a line. He does all the little things that help his more talented linemates do their thing, but he's not going to be nearly as effective if he's gotta be the top guy on the line.

I do think he gets overrated on HF because he seems to get more credit for that line's success than he probably deserves. He's obviously a stud defensively, but I don't think people appreciate how much his offense gets bumped having essentially two line driving wingers capable of 100 points each flanking him.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Me too lol

tenor.gif

He has been our one UFA signing that paid off this year.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
NHL is currently writing up a new rule to ban him indefinitely. Reasoning is that he hurt one of their beloved Bruins.
Had to put the Tanev thread on main boards on ignore, they are talking about...you guessed it! MCDAVID! People just can't help themselves.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Had to put the Tanev thread on main boards on ignore, they are talking about...you guessed it! MCDAVID! People just can't help themselves.

My favorite quote..."McDavid doesn't just simply lose his balance while shooting the puck." Yeah, and his shit doesn't stink either.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You have something against McDavid do you? Good luck with that. lol

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Naw just HFBoards and their need to constantly bring him up and for years hear how he's better then Mario and Gretzky.
Well, that simply isn't true. Those are lies spewed out by the uninformed, the ignorant, the agenda driven and the intellectually dishonest. Beyond those two however a debate can be had as far as overall skill and talent among forwards. Lemieux and Gretzky are far and away the top two. There's simply no question. Do not buy a car from these people!

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
The mainboard serves a valuable function, like a charnel house or a cesspool, where the waste is drained off becomes a reeking pit of slime.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
What on Earth is going on with these Bergeron takes?

Dude had 93 goals in 190 games in the 3 seasons leading up to this one. All in his 30's. That's on top of putting up elite defensive numbers.
Their PK has been top 5 in the league 4 of the last 5 years, including 1st twice. They're 1st again right now.

Is he getting "carried" there too?
NHL Stats

9 shorties in the last 217 games (well under 3 season's worth)
He's at 57.6% CF for his career. That's including 9 seasons with D-zone starts over 50%.
Last season he had 44 takeaways to 22 giveaways.
58.4% face-offs for his career

He gets the most difficult assignment almost every game.

He's skating faster than Sid right now, despite being 2 years older.

ErJG8oIXEAMl6fT

Yeah this guy's totally just riding coattails... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad