Value of: Of these Arizona players

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What if Arizona retained and added a 2nd? Then does the 1st become an option? Essentially you’re trading down.

Yeah. It’s not realistic.
I'm not even sure why Schmaltz is part of the discussion and that price seems low

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm not even sure why Schmaltz is part of the discussion and that price seems low
I know why Schmaltz is part of the discussions. He’s got an insanely backloaded deal, so he’s got a reasonable cap hit but his salary is way over bloated.

Arizona badly needs that budget to address their major blueline issues. They’ve got wingers coming up, they can sign decent wingers. Schmaltz going for assets that can be flipped for a blueliner makes a ton of sense.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
On that same note, I’ll add that between Kerfoot and Bjugstad, I think Kerfoot is the more likely to be dealt. I think he’s the more overall useful/effective player. But next year, his actual cash is almost double Bjugstad’s. Despite their cap hits being fairly comparable.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Man Bjugstad with his size and right shot would be a perfect fit on the Kings in place of Lizotte.

Unfortunately Blake has already shed our 2nd and 3rd and said he is not trading his 1st. If a 1st is the ask my dreams are dashed.

Kaliyev?

drede

Jul 13, 2023
Leafs would need more than 50% on both of them, even if you take Timmins and Gio off the books they only have ~2 million to work with
They got good ppl to figure out the cap ok sure they could figure it out

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Add Vejmelka?
Bjugstad and Vej for Kaliyev and Lizotte is interesting for myself as the main pieces in the deal. Not sure if Arizona would want Rittich as well or if they have a goalie in the minors, they would rather bring up . Dave has played some good hockey for LA this year. I am probably a lot higher on Vejmelka than a lot of my fellow LA fans.

If Arizona would retain on one of the two LA could make it fit Salary wise. LA would also have a goalie signed for next year, which is something they don’t have now.

Reactions: Mosby

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Wasn't Carolina rumored to be after Schmaltz last year at the deadline? I wonder if they circle back to that since there is reporting they would like more scoring.

Sep 18, 2009

Clayton Keller​

ARI logo

#9​

R​

is someone i might be interested in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad