Proposal: OEL to Edmonton

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Maybe Domi and a small+. Larrson doesn't hold that much more value. Coyotes can use a right shot D, Oilers need a gritty winger with skill. Domi started slow, but had roughly 25 points in last 28 games. It's way more likely that Larsson winds up in AZ then OEL in Edmonton.
You are wrong. Larsson's value is higher than RNH and very close to Draisaitl. Domi+ doesnt fetch Larsson.

No point discussing OEL's value here.. He is the face of ARI franchise.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Itll be fanatasic to see your team miss the playoffs again with your broken Carey Price and 33 year old 8 million dollar Weber. Maybe you can watch us and see what real center depth looks like.
Only the Edmonton oilers can miss the playoffs with the best player in the league. Let's hope next years different and let's hope mcdavid will actually want to stay with the Edmonton failures

Reactions: cobra427

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Maybe Domi and a small+. Larrson doesn't hold that much more value. Coyotes can use a right shot D, Oilers need a gritty winger with skill. Domi started slow, but had roughly 25 points in last 28 games. It's way more likely that Larsson winds up in AZ then OEL in Edmonton.
Just stop man. Domi is nothing more then a flawed 55 point winger. Larsson is a top 2 dman and one of the best defensive dman there is and is still young. Lol Max fri*** Domi and a small + isn't getting you Larsson. There's a better chance Arizona gets moved to Quebec then that happening.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just because Ekman-Larsson signs a contract, it doesn’t necessarily mean he won’t be traded. It makes it unlikely, but it all depends what their plan is.

Secondly, while I think the Oilers would love to have him, I personally don’t think he’d be worth a whole lot more than Klefbom.

That said, who knows what the Oilers would do.
The intent is to keep him in AZ. That is certain.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Just stop man. Domi is nothing more then a flawed 55 point winger. Larsson is a top 2 dman and one of the best defensive dman there is and is still young. Lol Max fri*** Domi and a small + isn't getting you Larsson. There's a better chance Arizona gets moved to Quebec then that happening.
Larsson isn't a top pairing D man. Oilers thought he was when they traded for him, but he isn't. Outside of Drai/McD, Domi might be your next best forward. Like I said, If OEL and Larsson play together it will be in AZ, and brace yourself, the return won't be what you are dreaming about, like what you got for Hall/Eberle.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
You are wrong. Larsson's value is higher than RNH and very close to Draisaitl. Domi+ doesnt fetch Larsson.

No point discussing OEL's value here.. He is the face of ARI franchise.
RNH is over paid, but he is a better player then Larsson, if salary is not a factor. Neither are worth as much as you think.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So true, the Battle Of Alberta will be great for the next five years while the Habs toil in mediocrity.
wasn't it supposes to be great this year? or did it fail, like many people outside alberta thought? maybe the likes of superstars adam larsson and travis hamonic can be a big part of that. after all, heavy prices were spent to get them.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Larsson isn't a top pairing D man. Oilers thought he was when they traded for him, but he isn't. Outside of Drai/McD, Domi might be your next best forward. Like I said, If OEL and Larsson play together it will be in AZ, and brace yourself, the return won't be what you are dreaming about, like what you got for Hall/Eberle.

The Oilers aren't looking to trade Larsson, so why would we accept this sub par return? I realize the same can be said of the Yotes not wanting to move OEL, so why don't we simply accept that neither player will be on the same team aside from international play?

I also think that Klefbom is quite capable of a major rebound once his shoulder is 100% healed. Obviously OEL is the better player, but if he's going to be making twice as much as Klefbom, I think I'd rather have Klefbom (again, assuming Klefbom bounces back to 2016-17 calibre of play).

If we're targeting a D man, it will be a RHD with offensive ability.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
He’s currently performing like a bottom six player (and he may get worse) - no team wants a player like that locked up for multiple years still at 3 million.

The problem isn’t just the caphit (at 50%), it’s the term.
Everyone saying Lucic would be impossible to move is talking out of their ass. If David Clarkson can be traded, so can Lucic. He will bounce back, and he can still play hockey. I love seeing people online saying how "Player X is actually terrible and has no idea how to play hockey" like they know more than the other 31 franchises that actually work in the league. People around here like to speak in "never-going-to-happens" when in reality they're just spitting out their own personal opinion and nothing more.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Everyone saying Lucic would be impossible to move is talking out of their ass. If David Clarkson can be traded, so can Lucic. He will bounce back, and he can still play hockey. I love seeing people online saying how "Player X is actually terrible and has no idea how to play hockey" like they know more than the other 31 franchises that actually work in the league. People around here like to speak in "never-going-to-happens" when in reality they're just spitting out their own personal opinion and nothing more.

Being tradeable and having negative/ value are two different things. And what makes you think he will bounce back? He’s a slow moving guy whose age has caught up with him - and that can’t be reversed.

Clarkson had negative value, but the Leafs found a very rare opportunity to move him for Horton a guy who will never play pro hockey again.

Edmonton could potentially move Lucic but it’ll cost them a big sweetener to do so . And there isn’t a single team in the league that would trase the Oilers a #1 D AND take on that contract.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015

Not even remotely close. Edmonton needs RHD more than wingers lol.

It's like saying Nuge for OEL, Arizona needs a good 2way C and edmonton needs a PP QB. fair value...

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Being tradeable and having negative/ value are two different things. And what makes you think he will bounce back? He’s a slow moving guy whose age has caught up with him - and that can’t be reversed.

Clarkson had negative value, but the Leafs found a very rare opportunity to move him for Horton a guy who will never play pro hockey again.

Edmonton could potentially move Lucic but it’ll cost them a big sweetener to do so . And there isn’t a single team in the league that would trase the Oilers a #1 D AND take on that contract.
So why am I wrong thinking a guy who has always posted 40+ point seasons through his entire career is done and has no chance to bounce back at the age of 28? 29?

But it's gospel when you say that his body is done and there's no way he could return to form because he's...29?

If I had to label one of those scenarios as ridiculously unrealistic, I think it's pretty evident which one it would be..

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
So why am I wrong thinking a guy who has always posted 40+ point seasons through his entire career is done and has no chance to bounce back at the age of 28? 29?

But it's gospel when you say that his body is done and there's no way he could return to form because he's...29?

If I had to label one of those scenarios as ridiculously unrealistic, I think it's pretty evident which one it would be..

Agreed.... Lucic is going to be fine. His issues were between his ears... he slumped and let negativity get to him. A good rest this summer and some training and we'll see a resurgence this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad