OEL On the Move? Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Saving cap space why simultaneously adding a 1D seems too easy.

Only thing I can think of is AZ's tolerance for taking money is even lower than we're assuming possible.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Not really. He’s due 1m in bonus and 3m in salary next season. A buyout means you pay him 3mil instead of 4m. It saves a million bucks.
The savings in cap hit is insignificant though. The cap hit + replacement player is greater than his cap hit.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
But Sutter and Eriksson only make 5ook more combined this season. And like 5 million less next season?

I think BA is looking to spend every penny he saves on OEL on players he likes more.

Their dumps have no trade lists. It's possible AZ is on one or more, complicating things. They may also be trying to pass off Baertschi when realistically they need to be the ones to buy him out, BA isn't doing that.

Reactions: _Del_

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is why I still think we're fine asking full retail. We're the only game in town that turns negative assets into a top pair D AND clears you some cap. Sutter, Virtanen, Stetcher and futures clears around 11M for him assuming Virtanen and Stetcher get $3, which is what everyone's assumption seems to be. OEL is 8.25M. You clear about $3M cap, added OEL, and got rid of Sutter for a #4D and an enigmatic 2/3 winger that your coach isn't thrilled with and whatever the ask is in futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad