Oduya

CertainAffinity*

Are you kidding. Those four guys for a 30 year old UFA defenseman who wasn't very good. Highway robbery IMO

Important player in a Stanley Cup win, played heavy minutes against some tough competition and on the PK. Seems like a win-win trade to me.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
How did we start discussing Johnny'll do ya again all of a sudden?

20/20 hindsight?

I don't know, considering what we ended up with those picks, I'd do that trade again, and Chicago would, too.

I don't think Chevy is losing a second of sleep over that trade.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
The assertion that the Jets lost in that trade is one dimensional and wrong.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
I don't think it's a bad trade and I think we'll come out ahead. But to say we're clear winners at this point when he have 0 NHL games returned to us is a little... premature.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Uh, Oduya was turning 31 and headed to UFA when Chevy traded him. A 2nd and a 3rd seems pretty good return.

Oduya did make some glaring turnovers occasionally, but his biggest problem was that an insanely high percentage of those turnovers ended up in the back of our net.

Hmmmmm...wonder how that happened?

1317225652205_ORIGINAL.jpg

Pavelec, making NHL coaches and defensemen look bad since '07.

Last edited:

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
If we would have extended Jonny O for 3.5 mil per year everyone on this board would have been pissed...

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
It was a win-win afaic. Hawks got what they wanted, we got what we wanted. I do think he had an unfairly bad rep, but that water is so far under the bridge I have to lean uncomfortably far over to think about it.

foreverATLANTA

Dec 30, 2011
Atlanta
I had to suffer through the Atlanta years and then the Jets years with Oduya. Haven't thought once about him after we traded him away.

Just out of curiosity, if you had to pick one or the other, who would you guys rather have back on the team.

Oduya
OR
The Stapler (Tim Stapleton)

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I had to suffer through the Atlanta years and then the Jets years with Oduya. Haven't thought once about him after we traded him away.

Just out of curiosity, if you had to pick one or the other, who would you guys rather have back on the team.

Oduya
OR
The Stapler (Tim Stapleton)

I'd take Oduya back - LD depth is weak and he'd have kept Clitsome off the 2nd pairing earlier this season. OTOH, Stapler would've been pretty useful on the PP last year instead of Jokinen on the point for 20 games or whatever it was.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
This is a classic win-win deal.

The rebuilding jets get a couple picks that have turned ino viable prospects.

The contending hawks (with a lot of prospect depth) get a solid 4/5 dman who logged solid minutes and they win the cup.

Don't think anyone on either side is upset, both sides do the deal again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad