Cut/Released: Odell Beckham Jr

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i hope the lions claim him just for the lols, even though i highly doubt he'd report there

if not, hope the ravens can pick him up. he's better than anyone else lamar's throwing to

Sidney Lumet

Nov 5, 2021
St. Louis
I think Odell Beckham Jr is not washed at the moment, he is clearly talented receiver but his behaviour always erratic. If waivers on pass him, may Seattle Seahawks will huge splash on him. They were tried to in Antonio Brown last year, they also signed Josh Gordon back in times and as everyone knows Russell Wilson's situation doesn't help to them. So if Schneider and Carroll want to make Russell Wilson happy and steady, they will probably pursue him.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe not washed but for sure not elite anymore. He's not #1 receiver.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i hope the lions claim him just for the lols, even though i highly doubt he'd report there

if not, hope the ravens can pick him up. he's better than anyone else lamar's throwing to
Claiming him means picking up his contract this paying him like $8 mill for the rest of the season. So no benefit to the bottom teams to do that. No guaranteed money left for obj.

would bet that he goes unclaimed and signs with someone for a lower salary given that he’s due his salary anyways from Cleveland.

fully expect him to sign for under 8 figures per year in the off season. If he gets any term year 2 won’t be guaranteed.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Claiming him means picking up his contract this paying him like $8 mill for the rest of the season. So no benefit to the bottom teams to do that. No guaranteed money left for obj.

would bet that he goes unclaimed and signs with someone for a lower salary given that he’s due his salary anyways from Cleveland.

fully expect him to sign for under 8 figures per year in the off season. If he gets any term year 2 won’t be guaranteed.
That’s why they are trying to restructure his contract. They are trying to reduce his 8 mill salary to league minimum and give him the balance as a signing bonus, making his contract league minimum for a new team. That’s the hold up and why he wasn’t released on Thursday

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Hollywood is better. Then there's Andrews.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'm not sure anyone can really say what OBJ is at this current point in time considering injuries and seeming long-term discontent.
OBJ is playing with a shoulder labrum tear. It's probably part of the reason why he's aligator armed a few times this season. I wouldn't assume he's better than many players right now because I'm not sure he's capable of being a full time player.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
hollywood is not better than obj

andrews is his preferred target yes. but in terms of WRs, obj would be the best he's had by far
Hollywood is definitely better than Obj. He's not as well rounded but he makes a way bigger impact on the game. Now if Obj can return to his old form that's a different story. I doubt he will tho.

Reactions: mouser

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Hollywood is definitely better than Obj. He's not as well rounded but he makes a way bigger impact on the game. Now if Obj can return to his old form that's a different story. I doubt he will tho.
if he was more consistent maybe. hollywood is way too inconsistent. i'd take OBJ over him any day

i guess people have forgotten how good OBJ is. playing with a shitty QB like baker has really tanked his value

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
if he was more consistent maybe. hollywood is way too inconsistent. i'd take OBJ over him any day

i guess people have forgotten how good OBJ is. playing with a shitty QB like baker has really tanked his value

Hollywood is currently on pace for 1200+ yards receiving and 12 TDs. I don't buy that OBJ is that kind of a receiver right now.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004

Nobody's forgot how good he was. Did you miss the part where I said if he can regain his old form it's different story?

You're basing his value on how good he was 3 seasons ago. His lack of production for Cleveland isnt completely Mayfield's fault either. Obj still put up great numbers with a mediocre QB in New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad