Odds for Rookie of the Year

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Am I the only one who thinks Yakimov has a shot at this?

I think Slepyshev stands a better chance at seeing more games with the Oilers. The Oilers aren't quite as deep on the wings as they are at C (I know that sounds odd after all these years of crap depth down the middle :) )... plus Slepyshev is a little older with more pro experience than Yakimov.

If/when a series of injuries hits... I could see Slepyshev called up... probably latter half of the season.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd give Ehlers a 20% chance. He's going to be playing on a different team than most of these other prospects.

1: Jets are deep at all positions.
2: Jets are a big team.
3: Jets have tons of players with tons of 2 way upside.
4: Jets have tons of players who will punish the hell out of the opposition.

To me that says that they can afford to put Ehlers out there a lot more often than a lot of these other guys and when they do he'll have a better chance to look good than a lot of these other players.

Mcdavid - 40%
Eichel - 25%
Ehlers - 20%

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
One of Australia's largest sports betting agency has the following odds:

McDavid - 5/4
Eichel - 4/1
Bennett - 7/1
Reinhardt - 15/2

I figure most other bookmakers will have something similar

:naughty:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I was under the impression McDavid was marginally better than Eichel, but Eichel would have an easier time transitioning (College age players, and great showing at the Worlds).

Surprised it isn't closer between the two.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
One of Australia's largest sports betting agency has the following odds:

McDavid - 5/4
Eichel - 4/1
Bennett - 7/1
Reinhardt - 15/2

I figure most other bookmakers will have something similar

:naughty:

Australia knows hockey

I think Slepyshev stands a better chance at seeing more games with the Oilers. The Oilers aren't quite as deep on the wings as they are at C (I know that sounds odd after all these years of crap depth down the middle :) )... plus Slepyshev is a little older with more pro experience than Yakimov.

If/when a series of injuries hits... I could see Slepyshev called up... probably latter half of the season.

Yeah I am high on Slepyshev as well, he is going to have a big season in the AHL. He will only need one season. He has the tools. I am hyped on Slepyshev in the system going under the radar with other depth.

We'll definitely see him in a few call-ups. Pre-season games too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad