Line Combos: Odd men out for Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I thought Weiss looked fine out there from what I saw. It didn't help that he was playing with sub-par line mates. Does anyone think it's possible that Babcoc/Holland is done with Weiss and the Wings are pressuring him to waive his NTC?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's a little too early(could just be Babcock making a point etc), but if Cleary and one of Lashoff/Kindl are the outs on the opening night I would be very very happy.

Curious situation with Weiss though, but it looks like Pavel won't be ready and in that case he's probably playing with Zetterberg..

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
It's a little too early(could just be Babcock making a point etc), but if Cleary and one of Lashoff/Kindl are the outs on the opening night I would be very very happy.

Curious situation with Weiss though.

It would actually be the best players playing. :handclap:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If u wanna move weiss you have to play him

if u wanna get weiss going and contributing then you have to play him

sitting him is a terrible idea

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009

Curious situation with Weiss though, but it looks like Pavel won't be ready and in that case he's probably playing with Zetterberg..
yeah, i just hope it's not one of those situations where XO makes one mistake and is replaced right away.

Chex LeMeneux

May 4, 2014
Metro Detroit
If u wanna move weiss you have to play him

if u wanna get weiss going and contributing then you have to play him

sitting him is a terrible idea

The worst possible idea in fact. He needs confidence to get back on the scoresheet again. Threatening to bench him on the first game is gonna destroy any confidence he may have. This just seems like another Babcockian blunder to me

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
@AnsarKhanMLive
Datsyuk said he needs contact and battling drills in practice before returning. No time frame. Doesn't seem likely for Thursday.

So seems like Weiss will swap in for Datsyuk?

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
@AnsarKhanMLive
Datsyuk said he needs contact and battling drills in practice before returning. No time frame. Doesn't seem likely for Thursday.

Fine with me. Weiss needs to play and give him good line mates. No point in rooting for Weiss to fail. We need him to play well.

Jesusberg

Jul 25, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Agree with the sentiment about getting Weiss going. If one of the team's centers is going to be moved, they're going to have to bring their value up. I'm all for moving one of Weiss/Helm, to be honest - showcase both guys while Datsyuk's on the mend, and move one if possible.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Agree with the sentiment about getting Weiss going. If one of the team's centers is going to be moved, they're going to have to bring their value up. I'm all for moving one of Weiss/Helm, to be honest - showcase both guys while Datsyuk's on the mend, and move one if possible.

I still have the dream of trading Helm+ for Evander Kane. However, it will never come to fruition.

bababooeyII

May 28, 2013
I told you guys, Weiss will be battling Glendening for the fourth line center spot. Sheahan has lapped him and that won't change.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
well, MCD was nothing but a prospect at the time, though very good one.

and gomez had 58 points the season after he was traded, and on pace for over 60.

that is like pipe dream with weiss at this point.

Yeah, people love to pick on Gomez, but he was productive in his first few years in New York. He has 128 points 158 games. Then consider playoffs, where he had 16 points in 17 games for the Rangers. Now, let's take a look at Weiss' production...

Another forgotten fact from the narrative is that Gomez then helped Montreal make the playoffs and had a great playoffs. He had 59 points in 78 games for the Habs and then 14 points in 19 playoff games.

Let's just say if Weiss can pull off those terrible Gomez kind of regular season and playoff numbers, I wouldn't want to trade him.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I told you guys, Weiss will be battling Glendening for the fourth line center spot. Sheahan has lapped him and that won't change.

I am not surprise about sheahan so much as i am helm and glendening

weiss is a 25$ million dollar player who has been given no chance whatsoever.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
If they were thinking of possibly trading him, then wouldn't they had tried showcasing him in the pre-season? They didn't showcase him at all.

This sounds like a Babcock "message" to me. Nothing more at this time.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Best part of this whole thing is that Babcock may have actually turned a corner on the D pairing. Kronwall Ericcson Dekeyser Smith as the top 4 with no Quincey Smith pairing should've happened last year.

I also cant stand watching Andersson play hockey, I hope hes gone soon

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
@AnsarKhanMLive

Okay, but then why are the drill lines what they are? If they're just going to swap Weiss in with Datsyuk, shouldn't they have Weiss practicing with those guys? Or did you mean they're just putting him in the lineup and not necessarily in the top6.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

If we can bring Weiss's value up to the point where he has enough value to trade him, then why wouldn't we just keep him?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Okay, but then why are the drill lines what they are? If they're just going to swap Weiss in with Datsyuk, shouldn't they have Weiss practicing with those guys? Or did you mean they're just putting him in the lineup and not necessarily in the top6.

No, I just was thinking since Datsyuk is out Weiss is most likely the one out of those 3 to be inserted into the line-up. But not necessarily in Datsyuks practice spot. That's also not reported or anything, just my opinion.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If we can bring Weiss's value up to the point where he has enough value to trade him, then why wouldn't we just keep him?

Weiss, if he's playing like he did in Florida, is a glove fit for this team. That's the real tragedy here.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Khan seems to think Outlett will be sent down tomorrow along with Mrazek.

Obviously Mrazek will be. I want to know where people got the impression that Jurco is going to be sent down. Because according to the lines he'll be up. What did Krupa hear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad