October 19th Event: Panthers hosting Equality Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Equality Night

I did some googling and at first I thought he was talking about this. Oh the humanity.

BWUya1nIMAAGU4u.jpg:large

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I don't know, a little good PR from this doesn't really hurt. Don't see the reason to be against it.

IMO the Ladies night thing is a worse idea than this.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
No Pun intended

Ha!

I don't know, a little good PR from this doesn't really hurt. Don't see the reason to be against it.

IMO the Ladies night thing is a worse idea than this.

There's not a huge, country-wide issue over ladies night, and not everyone will see it as good. There's already uproar over it on Facebook about it. Makes absolutely no sense to me to jump into something like this.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I wouldn't mind having one of those bring your dog to the stadium things. My Golden would love the cold temperature of the arena and I would love to throw all the sweeped up dog hair at the other team

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Ha!

There's not a huge, country-wide issue over ladies night, and not everyone will see it as good. There's already uproar over it on Facebook about it. Makes absolutely no sense to me to jump into something like this.

I guess personally then it's a good thing to me. I like to be a fan of a team that supports this kind of thing.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
I wouldn't mind having one of those bring your dog to the stadium things. My Golden would love the cold temperature of the arena and I would love to throw all the sweeped up dog hair at the other team

There's a Barkov pun ready to happen with that idea.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Not sure how there can be anything wrong with this. This isn't a political stunt. The Panthers aren't playing for marriage equality. They are playing for homosexuals to be allowed to play hockey/treated fairly. There's no politics to this.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
lol, it's a small promotion nobody here even knew about. Hardly a massive can of worms.

The issue is

Not sure how there can be anything wrong with this. This isn't a political stunt. The Panthers aren't playing for marriage equality. They are playing for homosexuals to be allowed to play hockey/treated fairly. There's no politics to this.

That is political, the subject is political.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
A lot of Sabres fans I know are pretty enthused by it, and it's nice to know that some organizations are making a commitment to be supportive and safe spaces for me and my family.

:shakehead sorry, but they should be making steps to ensure everyone's safety. Sexual orientation shouldn't matter. You're a human, that's all that matters.

One of the worst teams in all of pro sports the last 15 years and what're we gonna do? Have an 'equality' night. Sound like a ploy to get butts in the seats, the higher ups don't care about your family anymore than they care about anyone else's.

And for what it's worth, I don't care what people decide to go to bed with, I want a sport. I don't want politics mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad