GDT: Oct.28 TSNE @ Molson 6PM CT. "First round is on Sip".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
How long can they keep Kyle Capobianco in the AHL.

I thought he played better than Stan and Schmidt, and he has 4G 3A in 5 games. He's running the PP there.

Cmon Chevy - waive Stan, call Capo up and stick 88 in the pb

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I thought he played better than Stan and Schmidt, and he has 4G 3A in 5 games. He's running the PP there.

Not sure when he will get a callup, but I'm guessing the organization was real glad he didn't get claimed. I think if the guy ever got the opportunity he would prove himself to be an everyday 3rd pairing player.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not sure when he will get a callup, but I'm guessing the organization was real glad he didn't get claimed. I think if the guy ever got the opportunity he would prove himself to be an everyday 3rd pairing player.
It would be nice to have a 3rd pairing guy who is capable defensively but can also generate some offense. I think that's the most we could expect out of Schmidt and he's just not doing it.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It would be nice to have a 3rd pairing guy who is capable defensively but can also generate some offense. I think that's the most we could expect out of Schmidt and he's just not doing it.
Guy was a tire fire last night for the Moose. He's been okay otherwise.

Reactions: snowkiddin

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
They are kind of stuck with Schmidt for now, though I would move Stanley in a heartbeat if their was any type of market for him.
I'm not sure what is going on with Stan and the org - but they need to move him (or wave him) if they don't intend to play him.
Him sitting in the PB goes against what the org would need to do to fulfill their own prophecy (which I assume is Stan becoming a big, physical, defensive dman).
He missed most of LY and isn't playing now - he was actually a better player 2 yrs ago. You can't hang onto him hoping he becomes more than he is, if you don't intend to play him - he's shown that he can't even hang onto what is already a low playing level, if he is not playing consistently.

So, if you go by what is unfolding now, there is no room for him, he's not playing well, and he's likely only going to get worse if he sits - IOW's, he's not going to be an effective PB player.

I would have to think the org is looking at their options with Stan now - and the longer they wait, the less options they will have.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Agree. Time to replant the Tree in another city. Capo is a better option now as he was last year, arguably even over Schmidt.

Hoping for a decisive win against a team we've had far too much trouble with over the years. Looking for strong games from the CIS and PEN lines, and a more complete D game all round.

And some fresher baking on this outing from

1698524371301.png

Thanks for another stellar GDT, @Aggie204 , and let's make it it tic-tac-toe and four in a row, Jets!

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I'm not sure what is going on with Stan and the org - but they need to move him (or wave him) if they don't intend to play him.
Him sitting in the PB goes against what the org would need to do to fulfill their own prophecy (which I assume is Stan becoming a big, physical, defensive dman).
He missed most of LY and isn't playing now - he was actually a better player 2 yrs ago. You can't hang onto him hoping he becomes more than he is, if you don't intend to play him - he's shown that he can't even hang onto what is already a low playing level, if he is not playing consistently.

So, if you go by what is unfolding now, there is no room for him, he's not playing well, and he's likely only going to get worse if he sits - IOW's, he's not going to be an effective PB player.

I would have to think the org is looking at their options with Stan now - and the longer they wait, the less options they will have.

Agree 100%.

My concern is that the options they're looking at with Stan now are the same ones they've been looking at for a while: "Keep Stan, and pray for Chara-dom."

Reactions: kanadalainen

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Agree 100%.

My concern is that the options they're looking at with Stan now are the same ones they've been looking at for a while: "Keep Stan, and pray for Chara-dom."
I think that is what they always hoped for - but they were playing him at that time (when healthy) - now there is no room for him with Samberg taking his spot, Ville showing promise, and others in the fold that are playing well on the Moose.
It would be very hard to continue on with Stan at this point - he'll never by anything beyond what he (actually looks like he is getting worse) while he is sitting. They must see that at this point.

Stan's only hope was that he would slide into a highly sheltered role on the 3rd pair, and possibly one day be what they hoped for - that doesn't appear to be possible under the circumstances.

Reactions: JetsUK

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I think that is what they always hoped for - but they were playing him at that time (when healthy) - now there is no room for him with Samberg taking his spot, Ville showing promise, and others in the fold that are playing well on the Moose.
It would be very hard to continue on with Stan at this point - he'll never by anything beyond what he (actually looks like he is getting worse) while he is sitting. They must see that at this point.

Stan's only hope was that he would slide into a highly sheltered role on the 3rd pair, and possibly one day be what they hoped for - that doesn't appear to be possible under the circumstances.

Agree. That's exactly what they hoped for, and this is exactly who Stan is.

He's a whole lot more opportunity than many get. Think they have to make the hard call (also the easy call) and move on from 64.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Awesome GDT @Aggie204! Cheers...:cheers:

:laugh: What he said ^.

Luv it Aggie. :thumbu: :thumbu:

After living in Calgary for 26 years, boarding a plane in a few hours to move to Cape Breton. With a stop in Montreal for tonights game. Can't wait. Go Jets!

Can it be ......... ?
Some one going FROM Calgary TO the Maritimes for a job?

Reactions: macmaroon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad