GDT: Oct.28 TSNE @ Molson 6PM CT. "First round is on Sip".

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The Habs aren't necessarily the free spot on the bingo card they may have been in previous seasons and they do have some exciting young players. Too bad that Dach is out actually and of course no Carey Price who is on my list of favorite all time goaltenders.

These are not the Habs of my youth that I used to cheer religiously on Wednesday and Saturday nights where they rarely ever lost. No Dryden, no Savardian spinorama, no Stork, Cournoyer, Lafleur, LeMaire, no pocket Rocket who to me always looked like he was 80 years old lol but skated like a 20 year old and even further back with "Le Gros Bill" my grandmothers favorite player who I think she had illicit dreams about:D .

Funny anecdote. On Hockey Night In Canada nights my grandmother, all 4 foot 11 inches of her became an entirely different person, hollering at the ref on the tv if he or the linesmen missed a call and if some poor unfortunate soul decided to call on the phone or show up at the door during game broadcasts my grandmother would say "Merde, someone wants to die, all in french of course. I would howl on those occasions when it would happen and eagerly wait to see what would happen.

Damn posting this made me feel so old.

If there is a game during the season where we must lose I'm least upset when it's against the Habs.

Go Jets Go. Play a strong game and leave Montreal with no injuries.
I lived and breathed the habs in the late 60s and 70s. A great team to have as your favorite as they were always in the hunt. Cournoyer and then Lafleur were my favorites until Hawerchuk was drafted.
I can't stand them now and they are a minute fraction of the organization they once were. I hope the Jets embarass them tonight. From classiest to classless.
Smart move playing LB tonight.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Thanks @Aggie204

I almost made a run to the basement fridge - home of many cool libations. :)

Great.....now I gotta find all these beers.

Thanks @Aggie204

Honoured to be the brew master to this thirsty lot. f*** molsons

Hope the team smack the Montreal xhekasses tonight …….

Love the theme here @Aggie204

Going to have to go stock up on beers here at my little rural co-op beer store.

Finding one with a fishing logo for Helly was PERFECT!
Half of the beers shown are local, Screw Molson and the piss they sell. GoJetsGo!

Last edited:

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks for the GDT @Aggie204 !

Glad we no longer have a PLD distraction in Montreal.

Teenage me had a crush on Mitsou.

morticia-gomez-gomez-addams.gif

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm ok with getting Brossoit reps. We are going to need a fresh Helle later in the year.
I don't have a problem with it either - more surprised that Helle would skip a prime time (Saturday evening) game against an original 6 team.
But I agree it's nice to keep the rotation up - Helle needs to play less games than he has in the past.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
HNIC game in Montreal in prime time... these kind of games are usually guaranteed losses for the Jets.
To be fair in every game day thread at least someone predicts a loss for some reason. Against Detroit we were going to lose because of Helly’s track record there. Again Edmonton it was because they would take out their poor start on us. Against STL it was going to be a let down after the Edmonton OT win. Monday there will be yet another reason why we will lose. People predicting we will lose is the most predictable thing in GDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad