GDT: Oct. 22nd: Blues @ Flames - 8:00pm [TV: SN360/SN1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don't want Tkachuk going anywhere. Like Gully said, why is everyone taking liberties with Gaudreau? Where's Brouwer, Bouma, Ferland or Engelland? It's bloody sad when your biggest **** disturber is an 18 year old. What I like about Chucky is that he'll run guys just to stir the pot. The Oilers already hate him.

Bottom line is no one is playing as a team. Everything is disjointed and there is no chemistry. Eventually it'll get worked out and I'm not to concerned about it but I'm not expecting much from this season.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't want Tkachuk going anywhere. Like Gully said, why is everyone taking liberties with Gaudreau? Where's Brouwer, Bouma, Ferland or Engelland? It's bloody sad when your biggest **** disturber is an 18 year old. What I like about Chucky is that he'll run guys just to stir the pot. The Oilers already hate him.

Bottom line is no one is playing as a team. Everything is disjointed and there is no chemistry. Eventually it'll get worked out and I'm not to concerned about it but I'm not expecting much from this season.

They aren't on the ice when this stuff is happening, you can't do anything from the bench. Gaudreau needs to take matters into his own hands and teach opponents that he won't take getting slashed and slash them back. Sure he'll get more penalties, but a stick across the wrist will make you think twice before doing it again.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They aren't on the ice when this stuff is happening, you can't do anything from the bench. Gaudreau needs to take matters into his own hands and teach opponents that he won't take getting slashed and slash them back. Sure he'll get more penalties, but a stick across the wrist will make you think twice before doing it again.

I don't disagree, but they are going on the ice after it happens and they can target the oppositions top players the same way. The bottom line is teams are facing no consequences for taking liberties with our top player.

We need more of what Tkachuk brings, I find his play refreshing.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
They need to leave Brouwer with Gaudreau or give Ferland sheriff duty. Hard to be effective when you're taking that kind of lumber in the corners. Or Monahan needs to be less of a pacifist.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
They need to leave Brouwer with Gaudreau or give Ferland sheriff duty. Hard to be effective when you're taking that kind of lumber in the corners. Or Monahan needs to be less of a pacifist.

I'm just saying, let's say a Perron slashes Gaudreau, why is Ferland not going out the next shift Taresenko steps on the ice and destroying him? The message will be received, eye for an eye. That's one thing I didn't mind about Hartley, he was all for the team. This team needs a brawl like we had against Vancouver to bring everyone together.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002

That is not part of his game, and frankly wanting Johnny to take a retaliation penalty is stupid. Others on the team can give the retribution - that's why they are there. Doesn't have to be the same shift, but those players need to step up.

The best way to make someone think twice about taking liberties is to make them pay by Johnny scoring on the PP. Right now there is no concern with the opposition taking a penalty.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I don't disagree, but they are going on the ice after it happens and they can target the oppositions top players the same way. The bottom line is teams are facing no consequences for taking liberties with our top player.

You were very much against taking the physical player a few months ago ;)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That is not part of his game, and frankly wanting Johnny to take a retaliation penalty is stupid. Others on the team can give the retribution - that's why they are there. Doesn't have to be the same shift, but those players need to step up.

The best way to make someone think twice about taking liberties is to make them pay by Johnny scoring on the PP. Right now there is no concern with the opposition taking a penalty.

Ding ding ding.
Winner.

Gaudreau under no circumstances should be retaliating. We have guys who are far less significant that can do that for him. Not sure what Engelland does if he's unwilling to make some people pay.

Teams feel like they can abuse Johnny because no one does anything and we can't hurt anyone on the power play. For once in a year could we have a good special teams?

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

My contention with this is we should do what is best for Tkachuk regardless of our team needs.

Does the team need more 'truculence' and protecting our top forwards? Yes without a doubt.

Do we have players that should be doing this other than Tkachuk? Yes, Engelland, Brouwer, Bollig, Bennett, Giordano, Ferland, Bouma. All those guys are capable and need to play that role more.

We shouldn't have to rely on a rookie making that kind of difference out there. Tkachuk should really be getting the Monahan treatment IMO, where he is given sheltered, easy 3rd line minutes. If we can't give him that he should have the opportunity to finish up his junior career and develop his scoring and skating further for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad