GDT: Oct 15th Minny @ Leafs at 7pm on TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Babcock is known for running his #1 goalie all season long. Honestly, if there weren't any back-to-back games, he would play Andersen all 82 games. He's always been known to rely on his horse(s).

He always has his guys, and uses them relentlessly. He's never made use of the entire roster. The GM has provided him with so many players over the past 2 years yet they all spend significant time in press box as a healthy scratch eating popcorn.

Ignoring the goalie position for now, you can manage ice time and players' health so much better over course of year if you give your healthy scratches and others TOI over the year from game-to-game. He only let's them practice for the most part. That's it.

This year because of our LTIR, he's been revolving players in and out of lineup. Once Hyman & Dermott are back it'll go back to how it used to be. How he likes it to be.

The worst thing that you can do which will likely stunt your growth, as a result, is to be stubborn and set in your ways, to the point where you close your mind and completely refuse to open the door to new information.

No one is ever too old to change, improve themselves, try something new, or have a different approach. Hear people out, and keep an open mind. Don’t be stubborn. Be open to change.
Completely agree with you! As a whole I have given up hope on Babcock - he will never change his ways. Detroit fans told us ... I should have listened to them, but I was blind and perceived him as a hero on a white horse ready to ride with us to the Cup. He has his view and it is the only view he values. By the way I edited my last post and found the quote of the poster, who said that it is Andersen's choice to start the first game.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Given how Freddy's been playing so far, can't you see how this is good thing to help Freddy get his confidence and get on a winning streak? I want 2 points minimum from this back to back, I see this as a case for a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I wanted Freddy to start against games 1 and 3 because of the divisional points with Montreal. I see this as the better option today.

Reactions: Zybalto

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Does it really matter if we start the .886 sv% goalie today over the .894 guy? both goalies are pretty much interchangeable until Andersen gets himself together. Playing the weaker opponent may be what Andersen needs to build some confidence

If a 5 game stretch indicates who a goalie is, then no it doesn't matter.

It definitely matters in reality where Andersen is much better than Hutch at all times of the year.

Reactions: Kelly and 1specter

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Mikheyev-soup.jpg

Let's have this here to bring us good luck!

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Given how Freddy's been playing so far, can't you see how this is good thing to help Freddy get his confidence and get on a winning streak? I want 2 points minimum from this back to back, I see this as a case for a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I wanted Freddy to start against games 1 and 3 because of the divisional points with Montreal. I see this as the better option today.

I cant think of one good reason not to start him. He finally had a stable game last time out and you want to keep that going and to deviate from the normal protocol would really screw with his confidence. And, yep, also want to send your best against a tired team to secure the points.

Reactions: 54thecup

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I cant think of one good reason not to start him. He finally had a stable game last time out and you want to keep that going and to deviate from the normal protocol would really screw with his confidence. And, yep, also want to send your best against a tired team to secure the points.

To be honest, nobody is really tired yet. Besides, this is not a regular back-to-back for the Wild. Their game yesterday started at 1, so they have more time to rest. The flight from Ottawa to Toronto is nothing. Just sayin. I don't care who starts, just wanted to point that out.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
This is a must win. Weak team and playing Andersen. We are in trouble if we lose tonight and face Capitals tomorrow with Hutch.

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
Wheres the logic in playing Andersen tonight instead of tomorrow? Someone care to explain?

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Gerald Mayhew makes his NHL debut for Wild, it's obvious and guaranteed based on past history that he's scoring his first tonight versus the Maple Leafs.
The Leafs lead the league in surrendering NHL players first goals.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Wheres the logic in playing Andersen tonight instead of tomorrow? Someone care to explain?

Always play the best lineup for the most probable points. Minny coming off of a back-2-back game is exactly when I'd play my first string and try to lock up 2 points that should be easy (nothing's ever easy but you know what I mean). Then worry about the next game.

Reactions: Ciao

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Sorry may be a dumb q but which site gives you individual zone entry / exit % data?

The A3Z tool doesn't have this year's data.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
See, nobody stood up for Sandin. That is one thing that really concerns me about this group. Just a bunch of individuals. We never see anybody on this teams stand up for each other. I don't know how that's not a problem.
Because it happens all the time with every other team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad