JhWA5mc.jpg
HMfyzKp.jpg

4xDVhHA.jpg

Last edited:

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
As much as I've appreciated his effort on preseason, I hope to see Burmi benched and Virtanen on the ice.

Something like that:

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek
Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser
Granlund - Gagner - Virtanen
Eriksson - Sutter - Dorsett

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Taking Virtanen out throws Green's merit-based line up spiel right out the window. But he'll probably justify it with some strategy mumbo jumbo and all the media sheep will just nod and talk about how he's a great interview and "so transparent."

Virtanen should be in the line-up over all of: Gagner, Vanek, and Eriksson. Burmistrov is playing centre so they aren't really in competition.

ItalianCanuck1

Italian Canuck
Mar 8, 2016
Italy
Virtanen should be in the line-up over all of: Gagner, Vanek, and Eriksson. Burmistrov is playing centre so they aren't really in competition.

Yes, but Vanek played a solid game against Ottawa and he's one of the few assets that we have, I don't see any reason to bench him.

Eriksson and Gagner based on the performances deserve a day off, I agree with you.
But if you consider that they need desperately to find their game, they are long term signs, then maybe it's better to find their roles on the ice.

Burmi wasn't bad at all but he's the easiest choice for multiple reasons.
Yes, he played center, but you can switch Granlund or Gagner from wings to centers.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Eriksson and Gagner based on the performances deserve a day off, I agree with you.
But if you consider that they need desperately to find their game, they are long term signs, then maybe it's better to find their roles on the ice.

This is Gagner. There is no "finding his game." He's an inconsistent fourth liner that can be useful if utilized correctly in soft match-ups and on the powerplay. We have been waiting for Eriksson to "find his game" since we signed him. Probably time for him to take a seat.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
This is Gagner. There is no "finding his game." He's an inconsistent fourth liner that can be useful if utilized correctly in soft match-ups and on the powerplay. We have been waiting for Eriksson to "find his game" since we signed him. Probably time for him to take a seat.

Agreed. They are what they are.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Hopefully Brock gets a lot of ice time and pp time. Sadly I expect he will only get 10 minutes and barely see the ice in the 3rd if the game is close. He will be walking on egg shells while the vets get a free ride while contributing jackshit

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The hilarious part about Brock getting into the lineup is it still has nothing to do with performance. If Horvat or Gagner or whoever else scores in the shootout for us against Ottawa and we win, Boeser doesn't get in tonight I guarantee it. Green already has the idiotic NHL coach mentality of "If we win nothing is wrong and nothing needs to be tweaked"

Anyway it'll be fun watching Boeser for about 5 minutes before he gets stapled to the bench in favour of Dorsett

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Looking forward to seeing Boeser...

Getting a prime opportunity sliding onto the top line... and safe to assume, onto the PP.
I like it... give him the best opportunity to succeed in the best possible spot to evaluate exactly where he is.

Not too concerned about the trickle down scratch at this point...

I'm guessing Granlund gets to show off why he played at center all preseason... and Eriksson takes his place on the checking line. i.e. Burmistrov will sit.
Gagner-Granlund-Virtanen
Eriksson-Sutter-Dorsett.

I don't think Green will weigh the potential emotional boost of Burmistrov playing his original team... but if he does, then I think Eriksson slides to simply replace Virtanen.... which i don't think helps our matchup situation. So I would think Burmistrov will sit one here.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The hilarious part about Brock getting into the lineup is it still has nothing to do with performance. If Horvat or Gagner or whoever else scores in the shootout for us against Ottawa and we win, Boeser doesn't get in tonight I guarantee it. Green already has the idiotic NHL coach mentality of "If we win nothing is wrong and nothing needs to be tweaked"

Anyway it'll be fun watching Boeser for about 5 minutes before he gets stapled to the bench in favour of Dorsett

Always love guarantees like this.

Let us all hope Boeser's play doesn't justify a benching after 5mins. It's on him now... straight to the top line he goes... ample initial opportunity to run with.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Always love guarantees like this.

Let us all hope Boeser's play doesn't justify a benching after 5mins. It's on him now... straight to the top line he goes... ample initial opportunity to run with.

It's a guarantee because Boeser didn't draw in after the first game even though there were numerous scrubs who deserved to be replaced.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The trickle down point of interest... how do Granlund and Virtanen look together.. really looking forward to watching that line together.

It's a guarantee because Boeser didn't draw in after the first game even though there were numerous scrubs who deserved to be replaced.
O'rly?
numerous scrubs that deserved to be replaced? after game 1 vs Edmonton? ok.

I guarantee that would not of happened. so there.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Yup.

Will be shocked if he gets more than 10 minutes tonight or any real PP time.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Only way they win this game is if the Jets get their normal bad goaltending. Otherwise it would be get the lube out because this is going to be rough.

If the Jets ever cure themselves of Burke disease and get a goaltender they might be a team to watch....

Nilsson getting this game or riding Markstrom as he plays well? And if Markstrom does he save the first shot?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Only way they win this game is if the Jets get their normal bad goaltending. Otherwise it would be get the lube out because this is going to be rough.

If the Jets ever cure themselves of Burke disease and get a goaltender they might be a team to watch....

Nilsson getting this game or riding Markstrom as he plays well? And if Markstrom does he save the first shot?

Their Defense is a mess.
Their dmen... are not good at hockey.
Trouba and Myers are two players, when i watch them play, I'm left with the feeling of : 'Um, I don't get the hype'. Disappointing relative to expectation and discussion they bring.

Let's hope they take at least one more day to figure things out.

Their explosiveness upfront is NOT an issue... obviously...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad