Injury Report: Oct. 12: Hartnell (UBI) out 2-to-4 weeks; Lecavalier (LBI) returned Oct. 24

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Hartnell's injury has been revised to an upper body injury.

Lecavalier will not return tonight, seen limping.

MRI's for both Saturday.

----------------

Saturday's update after the MRIs: https://twitter.com/NHLFlyers

GM Paul Holmgren announced Scott Hartnell is out 2-4 weeks (upper-body injury). Lecavalier will be out 1 week (lower-body injury)

---------------

NOTE: The Flyers have a game October 17 and then do not play again until October 24.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Raffl, Akeson or McGinn the likely call up?

Hopefully it's not too serious but they can't go to Detroit and play Rosehill and Newbury

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Raffl, Akeson or McGinn the likely call up?

Hopefully it's not too serious but they can't go to Detroit and play Rosehill and Newbury

Raffl with a goal and assist in his 2nd game so far. Killing it atm. Should be him.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Ekblad-1-CHL-Images.jpg

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I think we should call up Raffl and Laughton while Hartnell and Lecavalier are injured. Roll with

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Talbot
Rosehill-Hall-Rinaldo

Edit: Hopefully Raffl will show Holmgren enough that will keep him with the Flyers so we can bump Talbot down to the fourth line when everyone is healthy

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think we should call up Raffl and Laughton while Hartnell and Lecavalier are injured. Roll with

Schenn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Couturier-Simmonds
Raffl-Laughton-Talbot
Rosehill-Hall-Rinaldo

Edit: Hopefully Raffl will show Holmgren enough that will keep him with the Flyers so we can bump Talbot down to the fourth line when everyone is healthy

Laughton cant be called up.

Jumping

Jun 17, 2010
Atlanta Ga
Isn't he able to be called up as an emergency? Emergency call up?

The way this team is playing there might be an emergency every week.

I hope they call up 50/50 (Raffl) and Akeson. A little young blood / new blood could get them going. And replace Mez with Gus.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Two forwards injured?
Must be the hockey gods' answer to Homer carrying 8 defensemen on the roster :naughty:

The phantoms have scored more goals in 2 games than the Flyers 5. Whoever gets the call can only bring some much needed good mood and a swift wind to this locker room.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Hartnell starting to break down.

Not surprising. He's a guy that's been in the league since 18, isn't a big guy, and plays a style that isn't sustainable for a 15 plus year career. This may be the signing in a series of bad signings that finally burns Homer.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not surprising. He's a guy that's been in the league since 18, isn't a big guy, and plays a style that isn't sustainable for a 15 plus year career. This may be the signing in a series of bad signings that finally burns Homer.

I know what you mean on paper, with the style and time he has been in the NHL... but he is a pretty damn big guy, 6'2 and 215 aint small even in the NHL for a forward. Apart from Rosehill, Vinny and Voracek I would say he is our biggest forward (as Couts is still quite skinny.)

Also he is an ironman so far frankly, even with his style, apart from last year he has hardly missed any games in his career (~70 in 12 years)... but that can obviously all change with age or one injury. But that can be said for anyone really.

The contract was probably 2 years too long IMO though, but so long as he has no serious injuries I imagine it will be trade-able for the next ~2 years at least. (I know... NMC, but in 'real life' a lot of guys waive them if they know they are no longer wanted.)

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Be bad for Ekblad. Heh, knowing our luck we'd go on another winning streak at the end of the year

Watched some of Barrie vs Osh last night. Ekblad is captain, wears a very dark beard, and looks like a keeper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad