Movies: Ocean's 8 (Female cast)

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
As the evidence I provided demonstrates; yes. Media literacy is very important, lest you fall victim to fake news or moral panic.
I think what hurts your entire premise is the concept of "the feminists" being one single homogeneous body, and implying they all will go insane if the movie doesn't do well, or that they find reasons to go insane.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I think what hurts your entire premise is the concept of "the feminists" being one single homogeneous body, and implying they all will go insane if the movie doesn't do well, or that they find reasons to go insane.

The other funny part of it is that while the NJWs make up these fantasy scenarios about how feminists are going to react, they betray their overwhelming inferiority complexes by obsessessing over that sort of thing in the first place (and of the very existence of the film at all - the comments in this thread being a perfect example).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

I mean, I haven't used the term "the feminists" once in this thread, but whatever makes you feel better.

I have literally no opinion on this movie beyond "the hot takes are going to be entertaining".

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I mean, I haven't used the term "the feminists" once in this thread, but whatever makes you feel better.

I have literally no opinion on this movie beyond "the hot takes are going to be entertaining".
You responded to a post about "the feminists" with "they" in reference to the same group. So while you didn't explicitly say it you certainly made a reference to them as a single group.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
God I hate all these stupid terms-- SJW, NJW (what the hell is an NJW?), fake news, hot takes. It makes what could be otherwise interesting discussions sound absolutely moronic.

Reactions: Pilky01

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
God I hate all these stupid terms-- SJW, NJW (what the hell is an NJW?), fake news, hot takes. It makes what could be otherwise interesting discussions sound absolutely moronic.

Its the world we live in.

Gamer Gate, Man Babies, Neck Beards, Feminazis, SJWs.

Nuance is dead. Discussing topics calmly is a microagression. Just believe in yourself and accept that most people on all sides of the debate will think you are a monster for not reinforcing their beliefs.

Reactions: End on a Hinote

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Its the world we live in.

Gamer Gate, Man Babies, Neck Beards, Feminazis, SJWs.

Nuance is dead. Discussing topics calmly is a microagression. Just believe in yourself and accept that most people on all sides of the debate will think you are a monster for not reinforcing their beliefs.

Right because someone who writes stuff like

"Rian Johnson lines up very well with my theory about well-to-do Gen X'ers who grew up with homogeneously white pop-culture, and in white neighborhoods, attending all white schools and having all white social circles.

They feel guilty about the life they have lived and project that guilt onto younger generations. Generations that grew up with diversity, who never knew a pop-culture world of exclusively white people and white kids who went to school where they were the "visible minority", which is why so many people roll their eyes at 40 year olds talking about diversity. "

and

"This was a bad movie that only two kinds of people like. The first kind are died in the wool Star Wars fans who have so much of their life and personality invested in Star Wars that they simply can't bring themselves to admit it was disappointing (Screen Junkies, Emergency Awesome types). And the second, movie/pop culture critics who have a Pavlovian response to on screen portrayals of evil white men and "strong female authority figures" (Moviebob, Teen Vogue types)."

is clearly aiming for nuance. :laugh:

You think you're being clever with these posts, but you're utterly, hilariously transparent.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Cut too close to the bone I suppose.

There is a reason you chose to quote the Star Wars thread and not this one. Its easy to attack someone's words when you remove them from the conversational context.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad