Oakland Athletics relocation to Las Vegas thread: Move to Vegas approved by MLB owners - Will play in Sacramento for 3-4 years

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What I wonder is if they do end up in Sacramento instead of Vegas, how many of their fans will stick with them? Sacramento is a day trip for Oakland residents.
It will depend on the other I guess. Based on driving, it’s only like a half hour longer than if they would’ve moved to San Jose.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
What I wonder is if they do end up in Sacramento instead of Vegas, how many of their fans will stick with them? Sacramento is a day trip for Oakland residents.
can't imagine the River Cats (which is a Giants affiliate) would sign off on that long-term; Oakland already has a presence in Vegas w/ the Aviators (51s)

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
can't imagine the River Cats (which is a Giants affiliate) would sign off on that long-term; Oakland already has a presence in Vegas w/ the Aviators (51s)
The affiliate would move (maybe even to Oakland).

No need for a AAA team if MLB comes. Atlanta & Twin Cities are the only 2 markets with both.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
The affiliate would move (maybe even to Oakland).

No need for a AAA team if MLB comes. Atlanta & Twin Cities are the only 2 markets with both.
doubt in either case either affiliate would move.... because why would Sacramento agree to this temporary agreement then since they are the primary tenant there.....

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
doubt in either case either affiliate would move.... because why would Sacramento agree to this temporary agreement then since they are the primary tenant there.....
You buy off the River Cats' owner and allow him to become a part-owner of the Sacramento A's (or even sell him the entire team/a majority). Ranadive then moves the River Cats elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad