Trade: [NYY/CLE] Andrew Miller for top prospects Frazier, Sheffield and 2 others

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If Yankees manage to unload those players for good returns like they've done with Miller and Chapman (obviously not AS good) then the rebuild is gonna look real good in two years. Damn.

Clearing the cash for Kershaw, Harvey and Harper in 2018.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
indians going all in. they know this is the best chance they'll have for a while

yankees get another great return. they've done quite well this trade season

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Frazier went up the ranking a lot...Still think Zimmer offer more potential at pro level.

Anyway the Best right now + Zimmer coming...so we all knew 1 of the 2 had to go.

Sheffield a good prospect....our 3rd-4th best pitching prospect....we have BraLHP who hatter potential.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Ouch. Does CLE still do this deal if they knew Lucroy was turning them down?

No reason to believe he would decline other than the fact that they were on his no trade list...I'm sure they expected him to waive it, but they were on his list for some reason, so they had to know that was at least an option.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Yankees did the right thing(as Detroit did last season at the deadline) and cleaned up in the process.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Frazier went up the ranking a lot...Still think Zimmer offer more potential at pro level.

Anyway the Best right now + Zimmer coming...so we all knew 1 of the 2 had to go.

Sheffield a good prospect....our 3rd-4th best pitching prospect....we have BraLHP who hatter potential.

How? Frazier has elite bat speed. Zimmer is definitely a higher floor player, but Frazier has some elite potential with the bat.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
No reason to believe he would decline other than the fact that they were on his no trade list...I'm sure they expected him to waive it, but they were on his list for some reason, so they had to know that was at least an option.

He probably wants to go a more established contender like Texas. Indians have been inconsistent the last few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad