GDT: NYRCAR, 7PM, Lack of wins over the Rangers is killing us

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The good news is we are done with the Rangers after this year (in all likilhood)

The bad news is they are going to get better from here. It would be one thing if this was against a Western opponent. This team is in the same damn division. Gotta start beating this team if they want to be the playoff team they were last year.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
At least the Friday Night Live Music is pretty decent tonight. Jukebox Rehab. Makes me want to hit The Pour House afterwards for some good tunes like the old days.

Reactions: Tryamw

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Watch us start owning the Rangers once they become a good team.

Yeah, that sounded crazy when I typed it.

Hey if we could beat them in a playoff series they can have all these wins.

I mean, Washington straight up owned us for 10 years after they knocked us out of the playoff spot on the last regular season and we took them down last Spring. Made me forget all about 2008 and all those other painful losses.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Hey if we could beat them in a playoff series they can have all these wins.

I mean, Washington straight up owned us for 10 years after they knocked us out of the playoff spot on the last regular season and we took them down last Spring. Made me forget all about 2008 and all those other painful losses.
So another decade of futility and then a playoff series. Let us not. Just win and get in

Reactions: VAcaniac

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep. And some teams do it and you can see the intimidation. Teams like the Caps and TB are really good at blowing up people 3 seconds after the puck is gone. The trick seems to do it into the boards and not in open ice because then the optics are somehow better to the refs.

Really want to see some of that from Staal and McGinn.

Foegele and Ol man Williams do it much more. Pretty sad when 38 year old Williams is more physical than your 6'4" captain.
One of the reasons I can't wait for Rees to get here. Give him a chance and he'll blow a mother f***er up. He's like a damn honey badger he don't give a shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad