Post-Game Talk: NYR @ WSH | 10/18/19 | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
They won't have the money after they re-sign Backstrom.

They have 15 guys signed and 17 mil in projected cap space, of which Backstrom is gonna take at least 8 to 9 of.

And honestly I'm good with a kid coming up next season, that's why they were drafted and developed here.

I am probably in the minority, but paying 8-9 million for Backstrom on the downside of his career is too much.

That being said...6-5 loss in OT incoming

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania

They have 15 guys signed and 17 mil in projected cap space, of which Backstrom is gonna take at least 8 to 9 of.

And honestly I'm good with a kid coming up next season, that's why they were drafted and developed here.
The problem with that is we don't have a true RD to take over. We can shift a guy from LD, but it appears the Caps don't want Fever/AA playing their off side with Djoos playing RD in Hershey.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I am probably in the minority, but paying 8-9 million for Backstrom on the downside of his career is too much.

That being said...6-5 loss in OT incoming

if the Caps think the new TV deal will increase the Cap than I'd be okay with it.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004

Ovy-Kuzy-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Oshie
Hagelin-Eller-Panik
Hathaway-Dowd-

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Jensen
Fever-Siegenthaler
Djoos

Samsonov
Copley

With an $84M cap and Backstrom with a $9M AAV they'd have $9,964,039 in cap space. Switching AA in for Sieg or Djoos would move it 200-300k one way or another.

Reactions: um

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The problem with that is we don't have a true RD to take over. We can shift a guy from LD, but it appears the Caps don't want Fever/AA playing their off side with Djoos playing RD in Hershey.

Someone has to move that's all there is to it. They drafted these kids for the NHL not Hershey.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Someone has to move that's all there is to it. They drafted these kids for the NHL not Hershey.
They draft every player with the intention of making the NHL. That doesn't mean they're ready to make the full time jump, especially defenseman. I think it's a pretty big indicator that AA, Fever and LuJo's long term projection is their natural side given they aren't taking reps at RD currently. I'm no development expert, but if my long term plan for let's say AA was to play primarily at RD, wouldn't you want him playing that position as much as possible to get comfortable?

In all honesty, I think we see one of the LD being moved at some point (maybe part of a TDL package?). It's a beaten to death subject but there's just too many bodies to go around for both the Capitals and Bears.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
They draft every player with the intention of making the NHL. That doesn't mean they're ready to make the full time jump, especially defenseman. I think it's a pretty big indicator that AA, Fever and LuJo's long term projection is their natural side given they aren't taking reps at RD currently. I'm no development expert, but if my long term plan for let's say AA was to play primarily at RD, wouldn't you want him playing that position as much as possible to get comfortable?

In all honesty, I think we see one of the LD being moved at some point (maybe part of a TDL package?). It's a beaten to death subject but there's just too many bodies to go around for both the Capitals and Bears.
It's beaten to death except that they are only now really seeing what they have all told in the pipeline. Trades will come once they have their idea of who they are prioritizing to keep in the system.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
6-3 good guys... 1-1 first... 4-2 end of second... early goal by rags in 3rd to make it 4-3..... a goal later and then EN at end.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Looks like both Siegenthaler and Kempny are in. Boyd, Lewington and Fehervary are the scratches tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad