Post-Game Talk: NYR @ WSH | 10/18/19 | 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
you do know who his Dad is and his history with dirty plays?
Yeah, that's not really all that relevant. There are plenty of guys in the league who do not play in anyway like their dads.

Also my point wasn't that Lemieux was a squeaky clean player, it was that in 2019 the "code" is a bit tighter and that shit doesn't fly too much these days. There is a loft amount of self regulation teams do. Lemieux didn't go back out and run Kempny after that, he played with an edge elsewhere but it seemed like he understood that line was drawn in the sand.

Some of you guys think that a guy has to have the piss beaten out of him to send the message, it's really not the case and listening to current and former players talk it's clear that sometimes when a guy is challenged or wrapped up in a fight, that alone is enough to make it clear.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The ice time looked interesting. Seigenthaler getting some strong numbers. Interesting that 74 and 3 seem to be a solidpk pair.

Reactions: Calicaps

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah, that's not really all that relevant. There are plenty of guys in the league who do not play in anyway like their dads.

Also my point wasn't that Lemieux was a squeaky clean player, it was that in 2019 the "code" is a bit tighter and that **** doesn't fly too much these days. There is a loft amount of self regulation teams do. Lemieux didn't go back out and run Kempny after that, he played with an edge elsewhere but it seemed like he understood that line was drawn in the sand.

Some of you guys think that a guy has to have the piss beaten out of him to send the message, it's really not the case and listening to current and former players talk it's clear that sometimes when a guy is challenged or wrapped up in a fight, that alone is enough to make it clear.

When Claude played, guys didn't get suspended 20 games for head shots like they do now. I mean when Claude demolished Draper's entire face he got 2 games. But the teams had two full on brawls after that event. That sort of thing won't happen today.

FWIW, the WaPo says the hit to Kempny was clean. Although high, it was to the chest, and the head was incidental contact, thus legal. Refs saw it the same way.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Worst advanced stats forward on the team tonight - Kuzy. Cant fight the facts man. Dead weight. Could be signed to play PPs only for like half the salary.
I'm not saying Kuzy played well but those stats don't tell the truth. Stop using stats to determine how well someone is playing. Can you not determine how well a player is playing by watching him play.
BTW there have been games when the stats were in favor of Kuzy even when he has played like cap.

Reactions: racingmoose

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
You can call up 700k players all you want and team wont miss a beat in regular season. However, come May, Stephenson is used to the level of play and that young 700k player - will he perform? Or will he make mistake at critical time? Will he force Todd to go 3 lines in the 3rd period to make it impossible in overtime?

This is like the twilight zone. Isn't this exactly what happened WITH Stephenson in last years playoffs?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
When Claude played, guys didn't get suspended 20 games for head shots like they do now. I mean when Claude demolished Draper's entire face he got 2 games. But the teams had two full on brawls after that event. That sort of thing won't happen today.

FWIW, the WaPo says the hit to Kempny was clean. Although high, it was to the chest, and the head was incidental contact, thus legal. Refs saw it the same way.

He didn't jump?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
There is a chance he performs. Keep him as #13 and you have depth.

Last season was bad for Chandler. Sure. Maybe he recovers.

This guy shouldn't be getting a penny over league minimum. By now, I just wish he was gone so that we don't ever have to talk about him again. It's a whole lot of discussion that we've dedicated to a VERY borderline NHLer.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
This guy shouldn't be getting a penny over league minimum. By now, I just wish he was gone so that we don't ever have to talk about him again. It's a whole lot of discussion that we've dedicated to a VERY borderline NHLer.

Somehow they didnt send him down instead of Boyd (which would then fix all cap problems). All Hershey forwards are weaker than Boyd in my opinion.

So they trust Stephenson.

Personally me Id try to squeeze him down. They dont want to risk that obviously. So there is something else to consider.

PS: Caps are good, we dont have much to talk about. So there is the discussion about borderline guy. Why not

Reactions: koalabear9301

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I don't recall Stephenson hurting the team last playoffs.
If Stephenson didn’t hurt the Caps in the playoffs who did? Zero goals for when he was on the ice, Holtby 0.889. Scared to shoot, bad results.

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Somehow they didnt send him down instead of Boyd (which would then fix all cap problems). All Hershey forwards are weaker than Boyd in my opinion.

So they trust Stephenson.

Personally me Id try to squeeze him down. They dont want to risk that obviously. So there is something else to consider.

PS: Caps are good, we dont have much to talk about. So there is the discussion about borderline guy. Why not

Why do you think all Hershey forwards are weaker than Boyd? A team has a need for many roles to be filled in order to be successful. I think there are a few Hershey forwards who can fullfill a specific role just as well or better than Boyd. This is no knock on Boyd who is a hard worker and good playmaker.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Why do you think all Hershey forwards are weaker than Boyd? A team has a need for many roles to be filled in order to be successful. I think there are a few Hershey forwards who can fullfill a specific role just as well or better than Boyd. This is no knock on Boyd who is a hard worker and good playmaker.

Specific role? Like who? Malenstyn?

racingmoose

Apr 11, 2016
Specific role? Like who? Malenstyn?

That would be one example. If you need a penalty killer and physical player, Malenstyn can fill that role better than Boyd. Arguably, O'Brien can fill that type of role better as well. What was the reasoning to say all Hershey players are weaker? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad