Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs Leafs at 7pm Oct 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Need to keep our heads above water these first 10-20 games. New coach, new systems, injuries/COVID protocol, etc. Just get out of November with a .500 record, and we should be fine.
I was hoping for a start much better than just average and hanging in there. This is the chance to make some headway on teams like the Pens and Caps who are without their best centers. The Islanders who play their first 10 plus games on the road.
I hope you're right and this team gets better as the season goes on but it won't look great if we are 5 points plus behind the Caps/Pens/Islanders come December.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I was hoping for a start much better than just average and hanging in there. This is the chance to make some headway on teams like the Pens and Caps who are without their best centers. The Islanders who play their first 10 plus games on the road.
I hope you're right and this team gets better as the season goes on but it won't look great if we are 5 points plus behind the Caps/Pens/Islanders come December.
Couldn't agree here more. The early season is usually all over the place with goofy peaks from teams that won't ultimately compete (Columbus, Detroit) and slow starts from sure shots, but it's different for the Rangers, in particular. I don't think the Rangers are BETTER than any team in the Metro who made the playoffs last year; they are competitive with them but no one is "worse". So points now are immensely important to give them breathing room once the good teams start getting on their rightful roll.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Thanks! So Hunt/Barron/Reaves for the 4th line?
why not keep the 4th line intact and have Barron with Blais and Gauthier? I guess not that big of a deal. Let's hope Goodrow can have a good game and get some puck retrieval going tonight.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
why did we sign Goodrow and all his muh versatility if we wouldn't play him at C in these exact situations? that's where more than half of his value is. the ability to switch positions.

Reactions: NoQuitInNewMexico

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
why did we sign Goodrow and all his muh versatility if we wouldn't play him at C in these exact situations? that's where more than half of his value is. the ability to switch positions.
It's very hard to understand what the thinking is there. I guess they feel he's a better fit there than having Gauthier move up and Goodrow at center. But even last game instead of Goodrow at center they go with McKegg which shouldn't happen.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
What’s happening with Strome? Does he have like a breakthrough case of COVID or something?

Most likely the case, so it'll be a week most likely before we see him come back. Would love to see Barron elevated, but clearly he is looks to be the extra.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
Lol @ gallant for being coy about the starter tonight.

Hank played 70, 72, 70, 73, 68 games in his 24-28 yr old seasons... please explain why Georgie needs another game already at the beginning of the season. Igor doesn't need to rest and this offense is not gonna put up very many.

Reactions: Brother Mouzone

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
What’s happening with Strome? Does he have like a breakthrough case of COVID or something?

I think with Strome it will be telling what happens on Thursday. Once they are back in the US hopefully he can test negative and rejoin the team

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Healthy Zib, Panarin and Kreider should still be enough firepower for us to compete. They are the 3 highest paid forwards, time for them to do their thing.

Guy takes a lot of heat on these boards, but Its been a good start for Kreider, hope he keeps it going

Also any time Fox is in the lineup, you got to feel good knowing you have the best defenseman in the arena

Lets do this...

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
Lol @ gallant for being coy about the starter tonight.

Hank played 70, 72, 70, 73, 68 games in his 24-28 yr old seasons... please explain why Georgie needs another game already at the beginning of the season. Igor doesn't need to rest and this offense is not gonna put up very many.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad