Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs. CAR - 10/16/2014 - 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Stempniak?

I knewww I forgot someone, I was scratching my head for a while; I'm at work and didn't wannna bother looking up the lineup hah

Okay hmm

You don't want to move Nash to LW because he is playing so much more comfortably on the right side and is rolling. I don't know if St. Louis or Zucc can play the left, but I am gonna assume that we can put Zucc on the left and see how he does? Maybe move Stemp there, unsure...

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Duclair - Brassard -St. Louis
Hagelin - Hayes - Zucarrello
Malone - Moore - Stempniak

I want Malone/Moore/Stempniak as our 4th line with maybe switching Malone for Fast depending on player momentum. Mostly because I feel that it can be a very strong 4th line, similar to last year.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

as for if he's playing I've read they are likely going to take it slow so I would say no but maybe

Last edited by a moderator:

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

as for if he's playing I've read they are likely going to take it slow so I would say no but maybe

Anyway, yeah I don't think he is going to play. Carolina has cashed in their season already and don't want to let one of their young, injury prone, assets get hurt again.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I assume we're keeping MSL at center for this game?

we'll probably have:

Duclair-MSL-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Zucc
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-Moore-Fast

I just HATE that third line... it's just putrid to look at on paper... Stempniak is the only thing holding it together, mostly because he's a grinder...

What I'd like to see is this:

Kreider-Hayes-Nash
Stempniak/Duclair-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Miller-MSL
Malone-Moore-Fast/Stempniak

That balances the attack, and keeps the RW depth... You could also try swapping Fast and Stempniak, although Fast is not known to be a finisher so I highly doubt that's doable.

It's also worth a shot putting Miller on the Brass-Zucc line as the LW. He's a lefty shot, plays a big game with plenty of size... he won't be required to do a ton on that line offensively. Defensively it could take a hit, but I'd rather balance the attack instead of stacking our top line with our 3 best players... it's just NOT making sense anymore

Last edited:

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I assume we're keeping MSL at center for this game?

we'll probably have:

Duclair-MSL-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Zucc
Hagelin-Hayes-Stempniak
Glass-Moore-Fast

I just HATE that third line... it's just putrid to look at on paper... Stempniak is the only thing holding it together, mostly because he's a grinder...

What I'd like to see is this:

Kreider-Hayes-Nash
Stempniak/Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Hagelin-Miller-MSL
Malone-Moore-Fast/Stempniak

That balances the attack, and keeps the RW depth... You could also try swapping Fast and Stempniak, although Fast is not known to be a finisher so I highly doubt that's doable.

It's also worth a shot putting Miller on the Brass-Zucc line as the LW. He's a lefty shot, plays a big game with plenty of size... he won't be required to do a ton on that line offensively. Defensively it could take a hit, but I'd rather balance the attack instead of stacking our top line with our 3 best players... it's just NOT making sense anymore

Where's Duclair on what you would like to see?

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Duclair - Brassard - St. Louis
Hagelin - Miller - Zucarrello (bleh)

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Where's Duclair on what you would like to see?

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Duclair - Brassard - St. Louis
Hagelin - Miller - Zucarrello (bleh)

Just updated it. forgot to add him in. apologies

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Duclair - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - MSL

If there was any game to try it, it'd be this one, imo.

Agreed... MSL at center is a stop gap at best. We're not putting guys into a position to succeed with him at center. Hayes is more comfortable at wing however, so I wonder if that keeps MSL at center:

Kreider-MSL-Nash
Duclair-Brassard-Stempniak/Zucc
Hagelin-Miller-Stempniak/Zucc
Malone-Moore-Glass/Fast

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Just updated it. forgot to add him in. apologies

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Duclair - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - MSL

Agreed... MSL at center is a stop gap at best. We're not putting guys into a position to succeed with him at center. Hayes is more comfortable at wing however, so I wonder if that keeps MSL at center:

Kreider-MSL-Nash
Duclair-Brassard-Stempniak/Zucc
Hagelin-Miller-Stempniak/Zucc
Malone-Moore-Glass/Fast

I stated I'm pro moving MSL back to wing. I still support that. But every time I see that center depth I get a headache.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Gonna miss this one tonight :( Probably the earliest in any season ever that I miss a game...

Which can only mean the Rangers are going to dominate tonight :yo:

Well, they better :laugh:

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I stated I'm pro moving MSL back to wing. I still support that. But every time I see that center depth I get a headache.

It's not our real center depth though. Any team missing their 1C looks drastically different.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hello, Caps fan here. I have a question about Nash. He scored in 4 consecutive games. is it a franchise record? And how do you think guys, is there a chance to strike in fifth game? It would be amazing. I don't recall that somebody scored in 5 successive games in last years. Neither Ovi or Stammer.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
any word on Jeff Skinner's availability?

He practiced yesterday in a non contact jersey so it sounds like he may play tonight.

Dan Rosen @drosennhl · 59m 59 minutes ago
At MSG for NYR-Canes. One team gets going tonight. Both ravaged by injuries. Skinner might play. Sekera might as well. E. Staal doubtful.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hello, Caps fan here. I have a question about Nash. He scored in 4 consecutive games. is it a franchise record? And how do you think guys, is there a chance to strike in fifth game? It would be amazing. I don't recall that somebody scored in 5 successive games in last years. Neither Ovi or Stammer.

It is indeed a franchise record.

And with the way he's shooting the puck, there certainly is a good chance he scores again tonight, especially if Carolina is starting Cam Ward. Then again, hot streaks tend to end unexpectedly and you can never outright rely on someone to score every game.

Not sure what the league record for goals scored in consecutive games to start the season is

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

It is a franchise record, yes.

I think he scores again tonight. Of course he's riding an unsustainable SH%, but lets have some fun while it lasts :laugh:.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Nash hung out around the perimeter way too frequently last season. Now he isn't afraid to drive to the net or get to the dirty areas of the ice. It's refreshing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad