Pre-Game Talk: NYR vs. CAR - 10/16/2014 - 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vickers8

Time to wake the **** up, LGR! Maybe Brian leetch could be our 6th dman, he couldn't be worse than Kostka

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
The Canes board hasn't posted a GDT yet, so I don't have the lineup, but this is what they posted for their last game.

Tlusty-Rask-Lindholm
Gerbe-Nash-Semin
Malone-McClement-Brown
Boychuk-Terry

Sekera-Faulk
Harrison-Murphy
Liles-Gleason
Hainsey

Ward
Khudobin

That lineup is brutal.

Notes: Sekera left their last game injured in the 1st period, and I'm unsure if he's out for this game. They actually played 7D that game too, so maybe their D stays as is and they call up a F to complete the 4th line? I have no idea.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I hate the term "must win" especially in October but it would be a REAL disappointment if they didn't snag 2 points tonight.

Entire team must focus on making sound decisions in their own end. If this team is going to make noise they need to clean up the goals against.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I hate the term "must win" especially in October but it would be a REAL disappointment if they didn't snag 2 points tonight.

Entire team must focus on making sound decisions in their own end. If this team is going to make noise they need to clean up the goals against.

So is it a must win or not? I'm trying to gauge the appropriate amount of anxiety to muster up for the rest of the day.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I would say it's a must win, looking at that lineup.

We're playing, quite literally, the worst team in the league, at home.

Anything less than 2 points tonight would be a huge disappointment.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So is it a must win or not? I'm trying to gauge the appropriate amount of anxiety to muster up for the rest of the day.

In my book, not a must win. Feel free to leave the anxiety at normal HF levels (somewhere around a moderate panic) but due to it being a "should win" be prepared to amp up typical HF post game rage in the PGT.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Oh it is absolutely a must win... for people to remain sane. I fear that a loss to the undisputed 2nd worst team in the NHL would send these boards into a spiral that would make last years bad time look like the happiest time ever on HF.

Would not be a fun evening to be a mod that's for sure.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Oh it is absolutely a must win... for people to remain sane. I fear that a loss to the undisputed 2nd worst team in the NHL would send these boards into a spiral that would make last years bad time look like the happiest time ever on HF.

"Never say famous last words because they could be." --Billy Crystal

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I really wish we just called up Allen and left Klein with Moore on the bottom pairing. As well as readjusting the lines so that Stepan can move right in once he returns.

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Duclair - Brassard - St. Louis
Hagelin - ??(Lindberg?Mueller?) - Zucarrello
Malone - Moore - Fast
Glass

Then when Stepan comes back

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Hayes - Zucarrello
Malone - Moore - Fast
Glass

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I really wish we just called up Allen and left Klein with Moore on the bottom pairing. As well as readjusting the lines so that Stepan can move right in once he returns.

Kreider - Hayes - Nash
Hagelin - ??(Lindberg?Mueller?) - Zucarrello
Malone - Moore - Fast
Glass

Then when Stepan comes back

Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Hagelin - Hayes - Zucarrello
Malone - Moore - Fast
Glass

Stempniak?

Noooooooooooooooo

Oct 9, 2014
NJ
Probably not a "MUST win," but there has to be some glimmer of hope if we lose today, and definitely cannot be blown out. Again. To arguably the worst team in the NHL.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Taken from the Isles thread

We have two of our most important players injured in Stepan and Boyle.

Stepan:
-1C
-Best 2-way C
-Leading PKer
-RH Shot on PP

Boyle:
-2RD
-Main offensive D
-PPQB
-RH Shot on PP

Any team that loses players filling the aforementioned roles is going to struggle. Having key players injured is not a "letdown," it's bad luck.

I agree. It's like Chicago losing Toews and Keith, then replacing them with players like Hayes and Hunwick...
just imagine what a crapshoot they would become. NO TEAM can sustain performance with those kind of injuries...

Moreso,to START the season with those injuries makes it even tougher... if it's 1-3 months in, usually a call up player (who has been playing minutes in the AHL) can be slotted into the spot required, and while a hit is still taken, it's somewhat mitigated since the REST of the team is in a groove

You can apply this to ANY team in the league:
Boston loses Bergeron and Chara/Seidenberg
LA loses Kopitar and Doughty/Voynov
San Jose loses Thornton and Vlasic

Pittsburgh is the exception, but that's mostly because Malkin is a #1 Center on just about every other team in the NHL...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad