Confirmed Trade: [NYR/VGK] Ryan Reaves for 2022 3rd round pick

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Which? Fight during the puck-drop? Yeah, win or lose, that's kinda' our thing now...

Well, all the first period fights. I can do without that. Its boring. A real hockey fight after something in the game happened, I usually enjoy. That stuff? Not so much

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
I feel like Washington fans are trying to use reverse psychology.

"Rangers don't want Reaves he sucks and has no place in hockey".

Yet they were okay when Wilson was body slamming Panarin. Like that has a place in hockey.

Going to be interesting when they are complaining after Reaves abuses Wilson like he has in the past.

The difference is that both guys play on the edge sometimes, but only one would still have a job in the NHL if the didn´t play on the edge.

Reactions: Caps8112

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
reaves will spend the whole night inviting wilson to go but we know he'll keep trying to avoid that

If Reaves spends all night on the ice with Wilson the Caps will be ahead in the game and the only way to get to him to fight will be a cheap shot. But I am sure thats possible. I mean a cheap shot to one of the other guys. Reaves has shown he will only run Wilson if he isn't looking.

The Caps dont want Wilson to fight. He is the 1st line right wing. He is on their pp2 and pk1. He skates 4 on 4. The Caps dont want him sitting in the penalty box because a guy on the other team wants to fight him.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If Reaves spends all night on the ice with Wilson the Caps will be ahead in the game and the only way to get to him to fight will be a cheap shot. But I am sure thats possible. I mean a cheap shot to one of the other guys. Reaves has shown he will only run Wilson if he isn't looking.

The Caps dont want Wilson to fight. He is the 1st line right wing. He is on their pp2 and pk1. He skates 4 on 4. The Caps dont want him sitting in the penalty box because a guy on the other team wants to fight him.
if reaves cheap shots another capital player will wilson make him pay ?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The Metro with Reaves, Morin, Johnston and Wilson……probably 4 best fighters in the league. It will be an entertaining season.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The Metro with Reaves, Morin, Johnston and Wilson……probably 4 best fighters in the league. It will be an entertaining season.

Ya think? Morin and Johnston dont play. Neither did anything to speak of against the Capitals if they played at all. Wilson doesn't really fight anymore. 3 fights against Boston and 1 v the Rangers. The plays the body and forechecks and scores goals. Reaves only had 3 majors.

I dont see that much action happening there

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Come on Boss. Panarin was the basis for the comment and the scrum was mentioned. Blame Wilson for the scrum or if you like you can say that Wilson had done something suspendable to Buch, which apparantly wasnt the case, Panarin and Wilson still had the encounter that I described.

What is Reaves going to do? Please, I'd love to know what the Wilson haters actually believe is coming?

The fact that you are trying to say Panarin who is probably one of the softest players in the game went after Wilson is ridiculous. You can't be serious to even think he was trying to fight Wilson. Its delusional.

All I am saying is I want to see Wilson try that crap now. He won't because he knows he will pay for it. We already saw Reaves hit him once and hurt him you dont think he will do it again? Thats old school hockey...cheap shit happens to defend star players. Like it or hate it its what going to happen. There will be a message sent. Reaves is also going to be pumped to do it because thats why he was acquired. All the Caps fans who are saying he isn't very skilled are wrong he is skilled at one thing. He isn't there to score goals the Rangers have enough fire power.

Oh and BTW maybe just maybe they overpaid on the extension because they know a suspension is coming? Conspiracy theory i know and I am sure I am wrong but its going to be interesting non the less. Wilson better be ready to fight lol.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The fact that you are trying to say Panarin who is probably one of the softest players in the game went after Wilson is ridiculous. You can't be serious to even think he was trying to fight Wilson. Its delusional.

All I am saying is I want to see Wilson try that crap now. He won't because he knows he will pay for it. We already saw Reaves hit him once and hurt him you dont think he will do it again? Thats old school hockey...cheap shit happens to defend star players. Like it or hate it its what going to happen. There will be a message sent. Reaves is also going to be pumped to do it because thats why he was acquired. All the Caps fans who are saying he isn't very skilled are wrong he is skilled at one thing. He isn't there to score goals the Rangers have enough fire power.

Oh and BTW maybe just maybe they overpaid on the extension because they know a suspension is coming? Conspiracy theory i know and I am sure I am wrong but its going to be interesting non the less. Wilson better be ready to fight lol.

Try what crap? Why does Wilson have to fight? Reaves is welcome to knock him out with a blindside forearm or elbow or whatever it was. Maybe with a little luck he can concuss him good and get him out for the season or even end his career. Maybe. Good luck. All that said, he doesn't have to fight.

I am thinking Marty McSorley/Todd Bertuzzi stuff is the best bet. If you are going to go, go big. What is for certain is that the Rangers are going to use Fox against Ovechkin and the Caps are going to dump the puck in Fox's corner. Whoever gets their first, Ovechkin or Wilson, is going to try and truck him. If its Ovechkin, maybe you try get Ovechkin with something cheap. Right? Go big.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Try what crap? Why does Wilson have to fight? Reaves is welcome to knock him out with a blindside forearm or elbow or whatever it was. Maybe with a little luck he can concuss him good and get him out for the season or even end his career. Maybe. Good luck. All that said, he doesn't have to fight.

I am thinking Marty McSorley/Todd Bertuzzi stuff is the best bet. If you are going to go, go big. What is for certain is that the Rangers are going to use Fox against Ovechkin and the Caps are going to dump the puck in Fox's corner. Whoever gets their first, Ovechkin or Wilson, is going to try and truck him. If its Ovechkin, maybe you try get Ovechkin with something cheap. Right? Go big.
Why go after Wilson with a cheapshot? Reaves is more likely to cheapshot a star player on the Caps like Wilson did. What goes around, comes around. Enjoy.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Why go after Wilson with a cheapshot? Reaves is more likely to cheapshot a star player on the Caps like Wilson did. What goes around, comes around. Enjoy.

That would be great. Wouldnt it? Maybe he could really injure someone. Give you chance to cheer.

Who on the Caps would you like to see taken out for the season with a cheap shot?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
That would be great. Wouldnt it? Maybe he could really injure someone. Give you chance to cheer.

Who on the Caps would you like to see taken out for the season with a cheap shot?
I'm sure you guys were shedding tears when he took Panarin out for the season huh?

Reactions: Barnaby

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Mmm.. no. Your sequence of events is skewed. Reaves will contain the neanderthal one way or another. Smart signing.

Yeah he was exceptional at containing Wilson when Pittsburgh paid a 1st for him and then later that year when they shipped him to Vegas because he was useless at containing Wilson for Vegas to scratch him in the game when Wilson raised the cup because he was useless at containing Wilson. Very smart signing, Drury is a true stable genius

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
I'm sure you guys were shedding tears when he took Panarin out for the season huh?

Hahahaha took out Panarin for the season? Just rename your team to the New York Crybabies and get it over with

1. Panarin came into that game injured, was known at their morning skate. They just milked the injury he already had after the game for maximum pr ammo
2. "the season" had 2 or 3 games remaining.
3. If the Rangers were in the playoff hunt Panarin would have played, well unless someone said something bad about him and he'd need a month to compose himself.

Looking forward to all the crying after the Rangers try the exact same shit they did in the Wilson game because they foolishly believe having Reaves means they won't face repercussions. Maybe Dolan will release a Horrifying Acts of Violence single this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Petteri12 and txpd

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021

It's on video. Wilson is engaged in a scrum and Panarin goes after him from behind. Does Panarin want to fight him? I'm guessing he doesn't know and is just instinctively getting into a scrum. Wilson sure as shit can't fight Panarin after he realizes who it is, so he has to get him to the ice since having a guy you can't punch climbing all over you isn't a recipe for not getting injured.

Does Wilson just let Panarin nest on him this time because Reaves is glaring at him from the bench? How is it supposed to play out now?

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009

ovechkin for Putin simping

Trueblue30

Jan 31, 2009
It's on video. Wilson is engaged in a scrum and Panarin goes after him from behind. Does Panarin want to fight him? I'm guessing he doesn't know and is just instinctively getting into a scrum. Wilson sure as shit can't fight Panarin after he realizes who it is, so he has to get him to the ice since having a guy you can't punch climbing all over you isn't a recipe for not getting injured.

Does Wilson just let Panarin nest on him this time because Reaves is glaring at him from the bench? How is it supposed to play out now?

it’s on video wilson wasn’t engaged in a scrum , Wilson himself was 3rd man in on a scrum between Ryan Strome and a capitals player

for some reason Wilson proceeds to punch Strome in the midsection from behind. That’s when Panarin the 4th man jumps in to even it up

people saying Panarin was 3rd in are morons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad