Confirmed Trade: [NYR/VGK] Ryan Reaves for 2022 3rd round pick

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
I love how you just leave out the entire situation with Buch right before that. I am sure Panarin was attacking him from behind, he definitely has a history of being a tough guy....

It amuses me how you are going to look to the league when that's exactly what the Rangers management did and they didn't do anything despite multiple hockey analysts and players saying it was complete BS. 5k fine was it lol? The league brought this upon themselves.

Rangers management now went out and got Reaves to counter Wilson. Reaves knows his job and he is going to do it. I find it amusing how Capital fans are so upset about this.

The entire shitshow started with Buch deciding to do a Kreider impression on the Capitals rookie goalie. The entire shitshow with Panarin started because Panarin went third man in. No Buchnevich running the goalie, no Wilson, no Panarin.

So is Reaves supposed to stop the Rangers players from Kreidering other teams, or is his presence supposed to make Wilson, Ovechkin, Oshie, Hathaway etc be like "oh ok you can run our goalie, we won't do anything" or "oh sure jump on an engaged players back, he'll just play dead instead of trying to get you off or Mr. Reaves might get peeved". Because if its the latter the Rangers are in for a rude awakening.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The entire shitshow started with Buch deciding to do a Kreider impression on the Capitals rookie goalie. The entire shitshow with Panarin started because Panarin went third man in. No Buchnevich running the goalie, no Wilson, no Panarin.

So is Reaves supposed to stop the Rangers players from Kreidering other teams, or is his presence supposed to make Wilson, Ovechkin, Oshie, Hathaway etc be like "oh ok you can run our goalie, we won't do anything" or "oh sure jump on an engaged players back, he'll just play dead instead of trying to get you off or Mr. Reaves might get peeved". Because if its the latter the Rangers are in for a rude awakening.
Buchnevich did what? Think you’re misremembering.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Who's wishing. But if you think putting a 4th line against the Capitals first line which is where Wilson plays, its hard to win the game. If your intent is to assassinate a good player, then year. You can make a run at that. Is that really what you want is some bloodbath? It wont stop with the first attack.

I bet you can't wait
i wish it was tomorrow to be honest

Last edited:

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Rangers management now went out and got Reaves to counter Wilson. Reaves knows his job and he is going to do it. I find it amusing how Capital fans are so upset about this.

I spent the day of the trade laughing. Thanks for getting a bunch of useless grit because your owner is butthurt. Reaves contributes nothing on the ice and to sign him for 3 games is hilarious

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I spent the day of the trade laughing. Thanks for getting a bunch of useless grit because your owner is butthurt. Reaves contributes nothing on the ice and to sign him for 3 games is hilarious
now your just pissing reaves off more now . keep talking . it's a pleasure really

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Penguins did the exact same thing except with a younger reeves. All it did was make them worse. Please tell me how I am supposed to be mad about the reeves signing. I'm at a loss

JustAnotherHockeyFan

Jul 28, 2021
Buchnevich did what? Think you’re misremembering.

Buchnevich accidentally-on-purpose kicked Vanecek, which started the whole thing

Capitals already dealt with Lemieux doing the same earlier in the season, so its possible they just had enough of the Rangers and their signature move

Big Scrum erupts after Brendan Lemieux kicks Vitek Vanecek Washington Capitals at New York Rangers - YouTube

Again, if you think getting Reaves will somehow stop the Caps from reacting next time Kreider or Strome or whoever decide to go for it, you may want to consult the two teams that paid for Reaves in 2018 on how effective he was at deterring the Caps.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I agree there's a big difference between Wilson and Reeves in the line-up and how important they're to a team, but are we still pretending that Buchnevich actually went to kick the goalie instead of trying to get a puck with his skate while being tied up? There was no running the goalie.

Reactions: Sayba

motopanekeku

abnormally high
Aug 23, 2009

Mmm.. no. Your sequence of events is skewed. Reaves will contain the neanderthal one way or another. Smart signing.

Reactions: egelband

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I love how you just leave out the entire situation with Buch right before that. I am sure Panarin was attacking him from behind, he definitely has a history of being a tough guy....

It amuses me how you are going to look to the league when that's exactly what the Rangers management did and they didn't do anything despite multiple hockey analysts and players saying it was complete BS. 5k fine was it lol? The league brought this upon themselves.

Come on Boss. Panarin was the basis for the comment and the scrum was mentioned. Blame Wilson for the scrum or if you like you can say that Wilson had done something suspendable to Buch, which apparantly wasnt the case, Panarin and Wilson still had the encounter that I described.

What is Reaves going to do? Please, I'd love to know what the Wilson haters actually believe is coming?

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
What do Rangers fans expect is going to happen? They maybe fight for what 5-10 seconds until someone falls down, then they realize how terrible of a hockey player Reaves is when Wilson cruises right past him and scores. We’ve dealt with Reaves in the Metro before he got traded because he sucks at hockey

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
What is Reaves going to do? Please, I'd love to know what the Wilson haters actually believe is coming?
Oct 13th. Rent is due.
We're going to have an opening fight during the puck drop. Expect all our newly hired guns on the rink during that puck drop. And when they all lose their fight, I guess rent will be deferred to the next game and we'll have another 5 threads to talk about it.

All joking aside, while Wilson is the #1 culprit we're talking about, the team has gone far too long with the identity of not really sticking up for each other.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Congrats, somebody knows the story.

As a Rangers fan, these moves were not for Wilson, these moves were b/c the Rangers have been a figure skating team and weren’t capable of beating any playoff team.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
What do Rangers fans expect is going to happen? They maybe fight for what 5-10 seconds until someone falls down, then they realize how terrible of a hockey player Reaves is when Wilson cruises right past him and scores. We’ve dealt with Reaves in the Metro before he got traded because he sucks at hockey

he and the players acquired hit. The team had Brett Howden playing a 3rd and 4th line. They were manhandled

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Oct 13th. Rent is due.
We're going to have an opening fight during the puck drop. Expect all our newly hired guns on the rink during that puck drop. And when they all lose their fight, I guess rent will be deferred to the next game and we'll have another 5 threads to talk about it.

All joking aside, while Wilson is the #1 culprit we're talking about, the team has gone far too long with the identity of not really sticking up for each other.

Yea but didnt they do that already?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Let me put it this way.

Have any of you played a pick up game in basketball when you are old? What do you do to guys that are much younger when they are driving past you.

You foul. You foul them because your old moldy ass can't handle their speed. Speed is the old man's kryptonite. Speed is how you hurt the old guys.

By stooping down to play to the old man's level is letting him win.

lol, really? The ultrafast Lightning slowed the game down to a physical crawl and won the cup. Com’on man

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
lol, really? The ultrafast Lightning slowed the game down to a physical crawl and won the cup. Com’on man

Did you not read my other posts? The Lightning got tougher but they still got guys that could play. Coleman and Goodrow (yes who you got) and the rest can play. Tinordi and Reaves? Not exactly.

That's the key.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Did you not read my other posts? The Lightning got tougher but they still got guys that could play. Coleman and Goodrow (yes who you got) and the rest can play. Tinordi and Reaves? Not exactly.

That's the key.

i did not read your other posts.

Reaves was not terrible in the playoffs. The guy does hit and his type can change momentum. Yes, he can kill a team with stupidity but he can also really help with momentum. Rangers have the youngest team. Why not have policeman? I don’t see anything wrong with it. It’s better than nothing

Nobody knows the Rangers roster as well as the Rangers fans. Those killing them haven’t a clue.

Reactions: tenken00

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
look at that wilson guy... gets people fired, gets people hired... he is the secret gm in new york

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad