Proposal: NYR/VAN

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Not sure how Canucks fans view Virtanen. I think Virtanen might fit in well with the new coach for NY.

Perhaps something like

Virtanen and a second rounder 2019

for

Buchnevich

I don't believe Buchnevich will be a fit for this new coach.

A switch might be the right fit for both players.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is a tough one, I'm a big fan of Buch but Virtanen will fill a much needed role for us in the near future and showed signs towards the latter half of last season that he's almost ready to bust out a 40-50 point season.

We can't solely rely on Schallers and Rousells for toughness. Can you imagine having Pettersson and Boeser being run at with Horvat being the toughest player in the top six?

Not to mention Pavel has an injury history... and with Canucks luck that'll only be increasing in frequency...

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Not sure how Canucks fans view Virtanen. I think Virtanen might fit in well with the new coach for NY.

Perhaps something like

for

Buchnevich

Gorton just did an interview where he said he expects Buch to be a staple in the top 6 with Quinn at the helm. There's really nothing to suggest that Buch won't fit with Quinn. He didn't fit well with AV, mostly because AV is a lunatic.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Holy **** this is terrible for the Rangers
I like Virtanen but Buch would’ve had around 60 points if he weren’t given the 3rd lowest TOI on the team. AV shot his confidence and Buch even said it himself, he was afraid to make mistakes because any time he did, AV put him on the 4th line. Buch should be learning from his mistakes, but not like that. When Buch has confidence, he’s dominant. When he doesn’t, he’s invisible

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
No thanks. You keep Virtanen, we'll keep our guy

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
I like Virtanen but Buch would’ve had around 60 points if he weren’t given the 3rd lowest TOI on the team. AV shot his confidence and Buch even said it himself, he was afraid to make mistakes because any time he did, AV put him on the 4th line. Buch should be learning from his mistakes, but not like that. When Buch has confidence, he’s dominant. When he doesn’t, he’s invisible

This. Buchnevich was 3rd on the team in P/60 last year, and the two guys ahead of him only played 20 and 58 games (Spooner and Kreider, for those wondering).

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
For the longest Buchnevich was like 2nd in P/60 in the entire NHL, he's one of the most underrated players in the league and I'd bet anything on him passing 60pts this season with AV gone.
I would love Virtanen on the Rangers but sure as hell not at the cost of Buchnevich
I'd do Pionk for Virtanen
Or Hayes for Virtanen+

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Perhaps something like

for

Buchnevich

Buch doesn't need a switch. He needs more playing time, because when he's on the ice he produces. And he needs more experience at the NHL level. He's a second year player. He's not a finished product.

Your hatred for him is disturbing.

Reactions: Rangers_23

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

Perhaps something like

for

Buchnevich

Not a snowball's chance in Hell do the Rangers do this

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Perhaps something like

for

Buchnevich

Canucks accept. Have a wonderful day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad