Value of: NYR - Van

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think the 7OA pick has a significant value over Skjei who really doesn't make a lot of sense to Vancouver as he's 24 coming off a pretty average season (his 24 year-old year is pretty comparable to Ben Hutton's who at 25 may be waiver fodder) that being said, Vancouver is hosting the draft next year and likely will want to have extra picks.

As a Canucks fan, I'd probably take:
Skjei + TBL 2018 1st + NYR 2019 1st + TBL 2019 2nd
for
Canucks 2018 1st + Canucks 2018 2nd

Remember it's a very early 2018 2nd from Vancouver, so the gap from TBL 1st to VAN 2nd is only 10 spots...I can't imagine the crap the Canucks would get from their fan base for not having a 1st round pick in a year as crappy as the one they just had.

Still doesn't make a tonne of sense for the Canucks but I think having more picks in the 2019 draft will be a priority.

Disagree with the bold.
I see your rationale on the counter offer.
It is respectable.

However, if we execute my plan, while we could get lucky to some degree, it is more likely that all of the selections NY makes first round 2018 will need most of this upcoming season on the farm, at min, likely a little more.

NY could be poised for a fast return to solid competition the following season, but next season we could be a bottom 5 team.
Thanks, but pass.
Thoughtful reply is appreciated.

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I think the 7OA pick has a significant value over Skjei who really doesn't make a lot of sense to Vancouver as he's 24 coming off a pretty average season (his 24 year-old year is pretty comparable to Ben Hutton's who at 25 may be waiver fodder) that being said, Vancouver is hosting the draft next year and likely will want to have extra picks.

As a Canucks fan, I'd probably take:
Skjei + TBL 2018 1st + NYR 2019 1st + TBL 2019 2nd
for
Canucks 2018 1st + Canucks 2018 2nd

Remember it's a very early 2018 2nd from Vancouver, so the gap from TBL 1st to VAN 2nd is only 10 spots...I can't imagine the crap the Canucks would get from their fan base for not having a 1st round pick in a year as crappy as the one they just had.

Still doesn't make a tonne of sense for the Canucks but I think having more picks in the 2019 draft will be a priority.

After this proposal ... time to shut it down .. I will counter with Matt Beleski for 7OA

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I’m so confused. There’s another proposal coming...?

But why..?

source.gif

giphy.gif

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I wouldn’t move the one pick let alone the 3 in this deal. Just god awful! Basically Rangers take, other teams bend over, touch your toes and then reach back and spread those cheeks for the Rangers. As they really don’t like doing any of the work

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah this doesn't really help Vancouver at all. Moving three picks for a late 1st and Skjei makes no sense to us. We already have a huge surplus of LHD in Edler, Del Zotto, Hutton and Pouliot. I'm not saying all four are on par with Skjei, but the upgrade there isn't worth a 7th overall pick.

Value to us aside, we're not in a position to compete. Moving a pick at this juncture would require someone elite coming back our way, and as good as Skjei is, I don't think he's enough to fix our team, and therefore I would hope we continue rebuilding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad