Value of: NYR - Van

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Think NYR can MAYBE garner 4 of first 7 picks.

First 2 w/Canes and Canadiens, I have but will unveil later.
Trying to figure out how to make a pitch for DRW's 6OA [still working on it] and VAN's 7OA

I've already reserved Zib, Andersson, Buch, Howden as well as 9OA for other deals [pluses both sides] for picks 2 and 3OA.

Skjei + TB 2018 1st [28OA] + TB 2019 2nd which can morph into a 1st.
for
VAN 7OA + 2020 and 2021 2nds

Rangers have 4 good prospects prob not ready til later, but I don't effin care. I see Skjei turning into young McDonagh, and that is tough to pass up, but if I am patient for a year [and we could get lucky with these guys developing earlier], NY might get even mo impact guy.

Canucks also need impact guys, but this is an ample bribe to pass up...

thoughts?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Think NYR can MAYBE garner 4 of first 7 picks.

First 2 w/Canes and Canadiens, I have but will unveil later.
Trying to figure out how to make a pitch for DRW's 6OA [still working on it] and VAN's 7OA

I've already reserved Zib, Andersson, Buch, Howden as well as 9OA for other deals [pluses both sides] for picks 2 and 3OA.

Skjei + TB 2018 1st [28OA] + TB 2019 2nd which can morph into a 1st.
for
VAN 7OA + 2020 and 2021 2nds

Rangers have 4 good prospects prob not ready til later, but I don't effin care. I see Skjei turning into young McDonagh, and that is tough to pass up, but if I am patient for a year [and we could get lucky with these guys developing earlier], NY might get even mo impact guy.

Canucks also need impact guys, but this is an ample bribe to pass up...

thoughts?
Take out the 2 2nds that the Canucks are giving up and it might be palpable.

Otherwise, no chance.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so Skjei + late 1st + late 2nd for
7OA + early 2nd + early 2nd

Skjei doesnt bring back 7OA. Thats Tkachuk/Bouchard territory

I also dont see any scenario you get pick #2 unless its Zibanejad and a significant plus

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Wait what? This doesn't even make sense and you don't even have the first part of the deal figured out?
I wanna do 4 or 5 deals.
The first 2 I have figured out.
One is a 5 for 5 swap Zib +++ + for 20A, Hanifin +++.
The other is a variant on something well received in another thread, Howden + 9OA for 3OA + [I went w/Chicago 2018 2nd].

All of that was inferred to advise certain primo assets were unavailable.

What I am trying to figure out is with what's left, can we acquire/move up further in the top 10.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Why on earth do you suddenly wanna trade Skjei so badly?
Don't wanna trade him so badly.
Just acknowledging that within a year ish we hope to have 4LDs ready to promote, but we will still be thin on RD. So this is a chance to parlay Skjei into RD, or BPA for other needs.
Also, I expect to net Hanifin in my first deal.

We are keeping Kreider, Hayes, Chytil, we moved other prime or solid assets, if you want a top prospect, it costs a top player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
7OA > Skej after extension
And that pick likely has better potential

Yes, 7OA SHOULD be more valuable due to potential.
That's obviously why I consider to make the move.

But let's not overly discount Skjei is a proven, known commodity, currently McDonagh lite with potential to turn into full blown McD or even better.

I threw in picks, and what I added from Van to NY past the 7OA is delayed.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
When do you convert Shattenkrik to RW that's my favorite part
It was not as much as convert which implies he is being written off RD altogether, which is not the case.
If we had enough young RD, I would not be adverse to making room for them by shifting Shat to RW where they is a projected shortage. Shattenkirk can take some shifts at RD, and run the power play.
However, we're not with extra RD, so the point is moot.

Nov 1, 2011
I think the 7OA pick has a significant value over Skjei who really doesn't make a lot of sense to Vancouver as he's 24 coming off a pretty average season (his 24 year-old year is pretty comparable to Ben Hutton's who at 25 may be waiver fodder) that being said, Vancouver is hosting the draft next year and likely will want to have extra picks.

As a Canucks fan, I'd probably take:
Skjei + TBL 2018 1st + NYR 2019 1st + TBL 2019 2nd
for
Canucks 2018 1st + Canucks 2018 2nd

Remember it's a very early 2018 2nd from Vancouver, so the gap from TBL 1st to VAN 2nd is only 10 spots...I can't imagine the crap the Canucks would get from their fan base for not having a 1st round pick in a year as crappy as the one they just had.

Still doesn't make a tonne of sense for the Canucks but I think having more picks in the 2019 draft will be a priority.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The 2018 Bern aquire all the 18 year olds Tour de Farce continues...

Wow a glib jibe that was almost a creative thought.

Ringo said it best
"Back off bugaloo...
.., get your self together now and give me something tasty...

... you know it just sounds wasted.".

Peace and love to the Magic Christian

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Take out Vancouver’s seconds and you may have a deal

Take out the 2 2nds that the Canucks are giving up and it might be palpable.

Otherwise, no chance.

That's 2 conditional yes.

While it's a wince, and I had hopes of recovering the 2nds if Skjei was not moved up to 5th or 6th OA, I would accept if I did not get a better deal. The key is NY has 4 guys at LD to gamble on but needs lots of help elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad