Confirmed with Link: [NYR/VAN] Derek Dorsett to VAN for 85th Overall

bo2shink*

Since when is a 4th liner worth a 3rd round pick? for Weise we got a 7th. 4th liners are worth 5 at most 7 for an average. Dorsett is not that good to get a 3rd. You can pick players like this in UFA for nothing. Probably my least favorite trade of the day.

Certainly too much, but maybe it was a toy for the new coach to play with. Please, please, please can we get him!!! Please!

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Obviously Dorsett is Willie's idea and perhaps this kind of say is what made him choose Vancouver over Pittsburgh.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Don't really like this much, but Dorsett is exactly the sort of player Benning obviously wants to build our bottom-6 around. Poor man's Raffi Torres, without quite the same hyper-negative stigma every time he does anything.

3rd round pick for this guy seems really steep, like deadline prices steep, not middle of summer prices. Also think they probably could've found a similar player on the UFA market. But i guess they really wanted Dorsett specifically. :dunno:

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Not keen on this deal. I really don't like 4th liners making 1.66 million bucks/season and I hate giving up a 3rd round pick for the privilege of paying them.

I like Dorsett because he looked quick enough during the Rangers run, but yes these are some major concerns.

Especially because he makes $1.6M shouldn't that mean we give up a lesser asset?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
it's 535am here

this is one of the worst mornings i've had in a while

go-to-bed.jpg

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Wow.

Although it's "just" a third, this trade borders on idiotic. Dorsett is a replacement level player who takes a lot of bad penalties to go along with his energy and hits, and gets hurt pretty often. On the level of Sestito.

E: To Dorsett's credit, he also draws lots of penalties unlike Sestito but it evens out at best.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Wow.

Although it's "just" a third, this trade borders on idiotic. Dorsett is a replacement level player who takes a lot of bad penalties to go along with his energy and hits, and gets hurt pretty often. On the level of Sestito.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the 3rd we traded for with our 2015 3rd?

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I mean it is a 4th line player but I see it as positive. This is not a replacement for Sestito though- Dorsett is not a heavyweight.

Maybe an overpayment but I disagree with the common theme here. It is NOT easy finding a good energy guy, 4th liner who can fight. The legit guys that teams draft or pick up out of the minors via FA they want to keep, so it is pretty hard to find quality. Besides, the fans don't necessarily have much tolerance for bad 4th line players. This thread is no better example of how in big markets the standards of what is a "suitable 4th liner" is perhaps wishful thinking.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Wow.

E: To Dorsett's credit, he also draws lots of penalties unlike Sestito but it evens out at best.

Hey we are letting Santrelli walk so we have a roster spot too.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad