Confirmed with Link: [NYR/VAN] Derek Dorsett to VAN for 85th Overall

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
Willie's favourite guy

@gordmcintyre
Derek Dorsett bit finger of Giants Kendal McArdle 7 yrs ago, finger of CBJ Chris Stewart 2 seasons ago

Dead Cat Bounce

Dec 30, 2013
True but I can't think of anything positive out of this other than maybe it means Sestito is out (course the later made half as much as Dorsett will be making).

Dorsett makes Sestito redundent but makes over twice as much. I don't see how this move opens up cap space unless it means we're planning on having both of these so-called "players" on the roster. Plus we gave up a 3rd to get him.

Dorsett is a RW. Sestito is a Lw.

This move doesn't open up cap space but that is obviously what Benning is doing.

More to come I'm sure.

Dissonance

Feb 27, 2002
Cabbage Patch
Visit site
Eh. Dorsett isn't as good as Weise, but he was solid for New York in the playoffs and seems to have a good relationship with Desjardins. Every coach has their favorite grinders and that's fine.

Not thrilled with anything else today, though. Or some of the rumors floating around (Miller, Bolland, Myers).

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This is the guy who scrapped Hall in his rookie year when he twisted his ankle on the take down and missed the rest of the season.

He's a pain in the ass to play against.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Willie's favourite guy

@gordmcintyre
Derek Dorsett bit finger of Giants Kendal McArdle 7 yrs ago, finger of CBJ Chris Stewart 2 seasons ago

Got to replace Burrows.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Willie's favourite guy

@gordmcintyre

Yeah, Dorsett is kind of a less-talented, more-fighty Matt Cooke.

He'll probably be really popular here right off the bat, but wear thin very quickly. Very dirty player.

Luic

Nov 18, 2013
Vancouver
Since when is a 4th liner worth a 3rd round pick? for Weise we got a 7th. 4th liners are worth 5 at most 7 for an average. Dorsett is not that good to get a 3rd. You can pick players like this in UFA for nothing. Probably my least favorite trade of the day.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Glad there are some people out there that support me. :)

- Kesler deal that was probably the best we get.

- Garrison we get a 2nd I thing maybe we could have got a but more.

- NYR (Okay not bad I wouldn't mind a 4th instead of a 3rd.)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
??? - ??? - Jensen
Higgins - Bonino - Kassian
Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Players out there:

Richards
Ribero
Moulson
Cammalleri
Stastny

Exactly. Benning is doing great. Kesler wanted out and there are lots of centres on the market. They were saying on tsn that Spezza is not even getting a 1st right now....

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Rather have guys from our farm like Archibald and have Dorsett for the 4th line

Whale

Jul 29, 2006
Victoria
Don't mind this, every new coach needs his guy in the locker room. Dorsett was Willies captain in MH, is an NHL calibre player who's lineup presence didn't stop the Rangers from making the final.

He played 23 more playoff games than our entire roster did last year :sarcasm:

But seriously, if Vinny liked him enough to play him, and we know how much patience he has with his 4th liners, so he must have some value.

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
Are we planning to replace every single player from the previous regime?

Go pack your bangs Henrik and Daniel.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
Willie's favourite guy

@gordmcintyre

Burrows, Dorsett... all we need is to get Suarez to play hockey and we're set.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad