Proposal: NYR/Toronto

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Carolina Pesce, young RHD great cap hit, length and 23 age
Columbus Savard, seasoned 27 RHD again respectable cap hit

Obviously the 1st won't be enough to acquire either one, however strike with Carolina while upper management is in disarray and steal a trade
I'd be all over a deal for Pesce or...dare i say it....Slavin.

Cosmo78

May 20, 2018
I'd be all over a deal for Pesce or...dare i say it....Slavin.
If we can throw Jake at them in the package for Slavin I'd be all over that. I'm not high on Jake I believe Boston magnified his defensive inefficiencies and as good as he is offensively you need to own your end and he doesn't.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If we can throw Jake at them in the package for Slavin I'd be all over that. I'm not high on Jake I believe Boston magnified his defensive inefficiencies and as good as he is offensively you need to own your end and he doesn't.
I don't see any reason Carolina would deal Slavin though....just one of my personal man crushes.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
We agree it takes 2 to trade.
If one side does not offer enough, or reciprocally pay enough, no deal.
We are happy to keep Hayes unless, like everybody else, there is too much on the table to walk away from.

Unless the return offers a strategic value worth it, we want a premium for Hayes. No equal value.

The underline demonstrates your error.
Hanzal could never hope to skate as well as Hayes.
The value on a swap at equal points in career is not close
no deal to be made is where it would land, Hayes is not the ilk of player that someone loses their rationality for, and wacky homeristic expectations don't change what "fair value" is

Hanzal was a .51 ppg player in the 3 years leading up to the age that Hayes is now, Hayes is a .56ppg player in that same time frame (which is indeed close, Hayes was 2 years older than Hanzal coming into the league so obviously career ppg to that point is a faulty point of comparison). Hanzal was a .6ppg player in the 3 years before his trade (which is more than .56ppg, just so we're crystal clear), while also being a much more effective player by all the underlying stats. Thinking that one player being a better skater raises them tiers above the other who is clearly in the same tier but a little higher in that tier (without considering age, contract and whatever bit of projection there is left in Hayes) highlights your error, but you won't see it until you take off the homer glasses

Klaus3154

Apr 22, 2018
New York
Ranger fans are not looking for the team to trade Hayes or Kreider yet all I see isfans of other teams proposing trades for them then laughing when Ranger fans are asking for overpayment. Ranger fans believe these two will breakout this year which I think other people are expecting the same which is why they keep inquiring about them. If they don’t do much in the next 2-4 years you can show us these proposals and laugh at us but for now we have zero interest in trading them.

Not to mention Toronto is looking for defensive upgrades therefore will not trade that pick for anything less

Reactions: bernmeister

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
NO WAY from NYR. Zuc > 1st Hayes >> Brown

debateable. brown had 20g as a rookie, hayes didnt do it until he was 25 (and he is 26 now)
look at the ice time a pp toi before making assumptions like this

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
no deal to be made is where it would land, Hayes is not the ilk of player that someone loses their rationality for, and wacky homeristic expectations don't change what "fair value" is

Hanzal was a .51 ppg player in the 3 years leading up to the age that Hayes is now, Hayes is a .56ppg player in that same time frame (which is indeed close, Hayes was 2 years older than Hanzal coming into the league so obviously career ppg to that point is a faulty point of comparison). Hanzal was a .6ppg player in the 3 years before his trade (which is more than .56ppg, just so we're crystal clear), while also being a much more effective player by all the underlying stats. Thinking that one player being a better skater raises them tiers above the other who is clearly in the same tier but a little higher in that tier (without considering age, contract and whatever bit of projection there is left in Hayes) highlights your error, but you won't see it until you take off the homer glasses

hayes is 26 and hasnt had a 50pt year yet. zucc is a pending ufa after the season and will get 6+
no thanks

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hayes is fine, but if you ask me to trade my 1st round pick for a guy who will top-out as our 3C long-term, I have to decline.

No interest for this Leafs fan.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Hayes isn't worth a top 5 pick, but we're not trading him for pennies or a late first. We need him, the end of last season would have been a better time for teams to try and get Hayes at a discount. He stepped up his game this season and took on a lot of responsibilities. How's he going to be under a new coach? I have no idea. If his position changes on the team as not used for a more defensive role, he may find himself available at the end of the season again. Probably worth revisiting all Hayes trades at the deadline or after the season, not now.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
NYR gives up: , Kevin Hayes
Toronto gives up: 2018 1st round pick

Toronto gets a very good 3C, and NYR gets another 1st round pick and a young middle 6 RW.

Rangers have enough first round picks. Now they have to use them and rebuild a farm system was too thin before last year because they traded away pick after pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad