Proposal: NYR/Toronto

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
NYR gives up: , Kevin Hayes
Toronto gives up: 2018 1st round pick

Toronto gets a very good 3C, and NYR gets another 1st round pick and a young middle 6 RW.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
i dont see toronto moving their 1st+ young roster players unless its a youngish top 4 RHD coming back

Reactions: Cosmo78

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
NYR gives up: Mats Zuccarelo, Kevin Hayes
Toronto gives up: 2018 1st round pick, Connor Brown

Toronto gets a very good 3C, and NYR gets another 1st round pick and a young middle 6 RW.
Value probably favors TO, but if we are dealing our 1st+, D needs to be the target.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
i dont see toronto moving their 1st+ young roster players unless its a youngish top 4 RHD coming back

Value probably favors TO, but if we are dealing our 1st+, D needs to be the target.

Not good for the Rangers

NO WAY from NYR. Zuc > 1st Hayes >> Brown

Zuccarelo actually isn't part of the proposal. I was thinking about another trade and forgot to check my post before I posted it.

Walter t

Mar 12, 2018
do you think the value is about right, though?
As a Ranger fan I wouldn't do it. Again it's not that the value is way off but NY already has three first rounders so another one late in the round doesn't excite. And Hayes is young enough to be part of the future. I could see Zucc from the Ranger side but it probably wouldn't work for Toronto.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
NYR gives up: , Kevin Hayes
Toronto gives up: 2018 1st round pick

No from this Leafs fan.
I'd rather use the 1st in a package for a defensive upgrade.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
With 3 first round picks already, I'm not sure there's much incentive to deal Hayes for another one. Seems like an unnecessary move for both sides.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
value is fine, might be a little light on what's coming from Toronto judging by deals like Hanzal, don't think that either side does it. Toronto's going to need ELC talent in 2 years to supplement what's going to be an expensive core, Hayes is young enough to be there when NYR comes out of the rebuild and they've already got a ton of high picks & prospects who were taken with high picks

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about a 2018 1st rounder for Hayes?
Nope.

do you think the value is about right, though?
Nope.

value is fine, ...
value not fine, IMO
big underpay by Leafs

...might be a little light on what's coming from Toronto judging by deals like Hanzal, don't think that either side does it. ....
that's more like it.

Bottom line.
Hayes stayes.
NY has no reason to give up an experienced, big pivot with adequate or better speed, esp north-south, with adequate power, who got career high goals despite a bad team, with a bad coach, who demonstrated this year he is able to decently close down most opposing pivots, even big ones like Getzlaf or Kopitar.

This guy is worth more than a mid 1st.

Hayes, Chytil and Nieves make it.
Andersson and Zib are theoretically available for overpayment, definitely Rangers unless there is too much reason to ignore a deal.

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Hayes, Chytil and Nieves make it
Big question mark IMO that Nieves makes it at this point. Especially with the additions of Chytil, Anderson and Howden (though Howden is at least a year away).

Agree the Rangers have no reason to trade Hayes who looks poised to breakout next year if he gets PP time.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
value not fine, IMO
big underpay by Leafs

honestly don't think it's a "big underpay" based on comparable players being dealt. A 1st rounder would likely be the substantial value if NYR was looking for a futures package, I think there would be some adds from the acquiring team's side but nothing of the value that the 1st round pick has

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think Rangers could get a 1st, plus a pretty good prospect for Hayes. After last season, I'm not looking to toss him away for a later first. I also don't see the leafs needing him that much to be honest. He play against other teams top lines if they decide to part with Kadri for defense help, but I don't see that happening.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
honestly don't think it's a "big underpay" based on comparable players being dealt. A 1st rounder would likely be the substantial value if NYR was looking for a futures package, I think there would be some adds from the acquiring team's side but nothing of the value that the 1st round pick has

Not all 1sts are =.
A mid 1st is not top 5.
I want in the area of 5OA for either Skjei OR Hayes, at minimum, and I have no incentive to move these guys, so I want more than that to make it worth my while.
Same as you and Nylander.
You want even better than 5OA value.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Not all 1sts are =.
A mid 1st is not top 5.
I want in the area of 5OA for either Skjei OR Hayes, at minimum, and I have no incentive to move these guys, so I want more than that to make it worth my while.
Same as you and Nylander.
You want even better than 5OA value.
If you want a top 5 pick plus for Hayes you better get ready to be disappointed. Also Hayes and Nylander aren't really comparables at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad